Author Topic: Haven't played in a while, build suggestions please.  (Read 2660 times)

Vochysia

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Haven't played in a while, build suggestions please.
« on: April 19, 2021, 06:11:02 pm »
As title, I was mostly just wondering if anyone could link a build, maybe just a few random good ones that would be fine in hard. A sniper/psi build would be cool if that is something that works, but I'd be ok with anything that looks fun. I just remember this game being awful to try and wing it with character builds so I'm asking here before I replay.

TheSidewalkSLAM

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Haven't played in a while, build suggestions please.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 07:13:53 pm »
Here's a sniper/TC build I finished oddity Normal with earlier this month. https://underrail.info/build/?HgUDBwMMCgbCoEMAAAAAwoxGSAA8a2M1XWd4AAAAAENFASgrMSckNX4CSx0zISPChcK1KsKkwq7Dh-KcmgTip74K4q-9Ad-_

I recommend siding with the eels in junkyard so that you can loot a sniper off a body instead of turbo-levelling mechanics before Depot A to build one. Mental Subversion felt like a bit of a waste, I'd replace that with Psycho-Neural Optimization or Hit and Run. My weapon setup was a 7.62 rapid commando spearhead paired with a 8.6 smart bipod reaper, swapping the latter out for the RRCh-42 or some similar smg in tight areas. You could make a harbinger but I never really felt hurt for damage after the mid game, 8.6 w2c's deleted just about everything, final boss included.
Premeditation felt wasted taken as late as it was, you could replace that with Mantra or something. Psi damage wasnt huge but 2xNO+MB->2xNO was great for silent single-target takedowns. Dont know whether the scaling caps out, but points from TC could go into stealth to buff your Snipe even higher.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:27:03 pm by TheSidewalkSLAM »

Vochysia

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Haven't played in a while, build suggestions please.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 06:38:07 am »
I'll just do as you say, Thank you for the help.