Author Topic: Pure PSI build (after update)  (Read 3530 times)

Svendsor

• Noob
    • View Profile
Pure PSI build (after update)
« on: May 11, 2021, 06:26:27 pm »
Hi guys! I'm new to the game and loving it so far.

I am currently following this pure PSI build:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2279439587

Is id valid? Any pointers? I'm at lvl 7 or 8 and I'm in junkyard looking for the drill. I've read that Depot A is like a litmus test for your build. Well, I've managed to clear out the main area with the mutants and dogs with some skillfull use of a certain explosive barrel. I'm not limited by my 30 something points in lockpicking, but I sense this build will get really stronger in the future.

Equipment-wise I'm still lacking, but I'm managing. grenades have been a life saver in this part of the game. I'm only held back by the cost of those PSI mushrooms and my carry weight (no cheating here). Currently skilling up to be able to craft said mushrooms, grenades and PSI Boosters. Sell all guns and most other stuff I come over.

So is this build still viable? I'm on normal, classic mode.

Junty

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Pure PSI build (after update)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 12:36:58 am »
It's in the name: 'overly optimised'. It's very viable.

Depot A is a challenge for pretty much any build going through it. It is a strange point in the game where the difficulty spikes before you really have a chance to develop your build. It sounds like you did okay, though.

Psi builds can be limited when started out but near the mid and end game become extremely powerful with the right spells and gear. The strength of these full psi builds is from good damage and very high versatility. Near mid to end game you should have a spell for pretty much everything, you will learn what works best for what.

A general rule of thumb is to not worry about crafting until you reach the core (if you haven't heard of it you will soon). It is here that you unlock some high-quality merchants which make crafting higher-quality gear possible. Up until then (and even after, to an X-tent) looted and bought gear is usually better than what you can craft anyway.

I wouldn't bother with hoarding mushrooms to craft psi boosters. Have a large enough stash to make all the catalyst you need for other psi-related drugs but they are so easy to find and respawn so don't lose sleep over it. If you loot and sell as much as you can you will have more than enough money to buy all the boosters you need and more.

If you struggle with carrying weight I suggest getting a lifting belt (Increases max carry weight by 30?) and keep some Rathound and pentapus barbeque on you (both can be bought at various bars and increase carry capacity.

Overall all, this build will dominate on classic as you move into the mid and late game. It sounds like you're fine.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 12:38:31 am by Junty »