Author Topic: Chemical Warfare Build  (Read 4734 times)

deanisi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Chemical Warfare Build
« on: June 06, 2021, 12:18:42 pm »
I wanted to break rules of geneva convention as much as I can.
Main idea was to trap all exits  from room with poisoned bear traps or acid chemical traps and gas it + toss some magnesium grenades or flashbangs.  I made this build just for that specific moment, but it came out much better than I thought.
Basicly with that build you can make any place into an absolute death trap and freely walk there while your enemies die painfully. Also works pretty well in frontal confrontation.

Starting stats: https://underrail.info/build/?AQUIBgMIAwcPAAAAAAAPDw8ADwAADw8PAAAAAAAAACdh378
Current stats at level 12: https://underrail.info/build/?DAUKBgMIAwhBHgAAAAAeNzcAKDI3NzcyAAAAAAAAFCcBFkDCkVZhMN-_
Current equipment:
Weapons: All kinds of chemical pistols, sometimes energy pistols.
Armor: Chemical Assault Unit Armor, Ancient rathound leather armor with insulating padding (when I use cryo grenades)
Head: Coretech tactical respirator
Boots: Black tabi boots
Also shitload of ALL kinds of traps and grenades.

Finally after 200h of different builds I found one that fits me and now I can finish the game.
I tried to use a lot of people's builds but I got bored pretty fast, so I made my own build and wanted to share it and get some  pointers.

Marselo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Chemical Warfare Build
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 06:34:17 pm »
Hey! I've been thinking about doing the same type of build, since I've tried a lot of different builds but it gets boring pretty quick since you're usually only following something rather than making it your own and the most viable builds are usually very well-optimized which takes out most of the "tactical" challenge of the game to some extent.

I'm not an expert builder or anything like that. In fact, I've been experimenting a lot with different builds on DOM  in my spare time and have been failing spetacularly, so take my points with salt.

Have you considered using DEX+Versatility+Spec and reducing PER to 3 instead on your build? You lose on some special shots but you gain more shots/turn and since traps and throwing both scale of of DEX, you also get a lot of bonus skillpoints points if it's not your intention to max those but only get enough for the feats. Also, with DEX you can take the throwing knives feat and max throwing for the AP refund of Fatal Throw. Or you could go Crossbow/Chem Pistol hybrid and utilize poison (altough it seems to be kinda shit on DOM) bolts and chemical bolts along with Deadly Snares for auto crits. Here's sheepherder build on DEX+Versatility Chem Pistols + Throwing knives build: https://underrail.info/build/?HgUQAwkDAwcjwqAAwqAAAMKgAAAAAC9ZSUhaAAAAwqAAAFIrwqNiJjHCkVY6wofCiConL1HChcKz4qK1AuKouwPita4K378 and a showcase video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwaeyuuZIio

deanisi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Chemical Warfare Build
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 06:29:01 am »
Thanks for suggestions, DEX looks more profitable than PER but my shots missed pretty much every time so I picked more PER, also I didn't want to use any psi in this run.
When I was making that build I had Caustic from Apex in mind, dude that can gas entire room while laughing in agonizing enemy's face.
Pretty much every encounter I won just by shooting my Acid gun against non mutant and non bug enemies, and freeze gun against bugs.
But in harder fights I just lay traps in circle formation or in corridor and toss gas grenade inside or behind them. If enemies still alive and trying to disarm my death fog machines, I'll just freeze or entangle them from stealth. This strategy works perfectly in open and closed space, it even outright annihilates deathstalkers. And even if you corenered or don't have space for maneuvers you can just toss gas grenade under your legs or where enemies can't see them and lure them there without any problems cause Chemical Assault Armor or insulated armor.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 06:31:36 am by deanisi »