Author Topic: I never got my party, and I am disappointed.  (Read 1594 times)

pr1mus285

• Noob
    • View Profile
I never got my party, and I am disappointed.
« on: October 25, 2013, 06:21:52 pm »
They said I was going to get a party, once things calmed down. It never happened.

Plus, now that you are on steam, you need to throw in a few cake jokes.

like "and there will be cake, we promise, lots and lots of cake!"

throw in an achievement, when you get to the party (make the cake look like the portal cake - maybe even mention the coconut pecan frosting) and then it gets funny. achievement get "and then there was cake" or achievement get "there really was cake"

Barrelsoup Chef

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Gamer since 1997
    • View Profile
Re: I never got my party, and I am disappointed.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:27:53 pm »
They said I was going to get a party, once things calmed down. It never happened.

Plus, now that you are on steam, you need to throw in a few cake jokes.

like "and there will be cake, we promise, lots and lots of cake!"

throw in an achievement, when you get to the party (make the cake look like the portal cake - maybe even mention the coconut pecan frosting) and then it gets funny. achievement get "and then there was cake" or achievement get "there really was cake"

I agree that it would be nice if there will be a party implemented in the story in future updates, for example after the metro tunnel is cleared they celebrate, they haven't had the time for it because they needed to clear the mess of the earthquake right. At this party you can start new quests or learn new information for the plot.

However implementing a cake joke would be (in my opinion) a ripoff of the Portal joke + this isn't Portal or anything like Portal. It would make more sense anyway to do a reference joke to a more related game like Fallout. I rather have some new original jokes instead of old ones I already laughed at.
Gameplay, that's the reason why I PLAY a GAME