Author Topic: Rasophore build  (Read 5093 times)

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Rasophore build
« on: July 19, 2021, 08:52:42 am »
My hybrid of melee, range and psi.A great build with a lot of synergies and almost no weakness.
https://underrail.info/build/?Hg4DAwoDBwZQZQDCoAAAAAAAAFRkUihOWgDCoAAAKMKgaSsOwqMIFA0VY0RJaRIqX1XCncKnwrLDiXHinaAF4p-EAeKitQLiprgD4qeqA-KrhgHfvw

its advantages:
  • great burst damage with ar and pk
  • spear with yell grants you insane melee protection
  • very tanky, have strenght buffer against crippling your ar or metal armor.Tc isnt issue too
  • insane control options
  • social skills, great for any newbie to start and dont miss out on dialogue
About gear.I used rapid muzzle hornet and rapid muzzled huszar with tungsten shock spear spear.Headgear is either headband or helmet.Armor is vasophore armor, while it comes late i still consider it very useful, so i recommend you to rush it.Boots are either springed infused pig or metal boots metal boots.If you made supersteel gear you will have 85 ap, which depends on your springs will leave you with 10-20 mp which is very pleasant.

Many feats here could be replaced here with others, here some honorable mentions:telekinetic undulation will act as suppresive fire for us,opportunist will be useful with many of our ways to stun targets,fast metabolism to increase out healing(multiplicative with doctor) or if you want to wear regen tungsten, psychostatic electricity for increasing our crit chances, fight response to become even deadlier at our low health,expose weakness for saving w2c, general meleeing or combo with impla+punch,also any increased stat you want, i chose constitution.

Also feel free to multischool, cause i was able to free 70 points to squeeze in tm.You for example can go tm to kill doppels

I'm honestly suprised how apex this build performs, so will free to use.Tchort is evolution brothers, stay strong and cull faceless inbreds.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 08:54:45 am by Tytyger »

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Rasophore build
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 04:10:32 pm »
Isn’t 12 con and tempered electricity a little overkill? You already have decent resolve thanks to 7 will and Iron will to neuter TC damage, and electric damage besides TC can be resisted well with Tesla armor. It seems like it would be more effective to go increased strength for extra damage and accuracy, and use that last feat for something else.

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 11:56:50 pm »
Isn’t 12 con and tempered electricity a little overkill? You already have decent resolve thanks to 7 will and Iron will to neuter TC damage, and electric damage besides TC can be resisted well with Tesla armor. It seems like it would be more effective to go increased strength for extra damage and accuracy, and use that last feat for something else.
you can, but same thing with strenght, you dont need that much strenght either because you will be under the coke, about accuracy it's not need it too because burst is retarded and kills things with 10 cth.I didnt go tempered electricity in my playthrough, took fight response which i regret

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 02:48:48 pm »
Rassophore Armor? - https://stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tchortist_Rassophore_Armor  - what's so good about it to "rush" it? That armor won't even trigger Juggernaut. You will get melted by everything with 0 Stealth and 11 Initiative. This is for Normal right? But even there... Or am I missing something?

It seems that you want a Tin Can build, but with ultra low Gun skill and some Melee. Well you could get away with 18 STR and un-specced Versatility, but then maintaining higher CON and WILL becomes a problem. If you don't want MP, just go with Triple Reinforced Tungsten Armor and Boots and maybe 6 Dex to get Paranoia and Trigger Happy to get at least 26 Initiative without Soda. Otherwise, Armor Sloping, Nimble + Springed Boots and Super Steel.

Basicly, doing Triple damage sources, each with different derived statistics and being any good at it + Survivability is not how this game likes to roll.

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 04:43:41 pm »
Rassophore Armor? - https://stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tchortist_Rassophore_Armor  - what's so good about it to "rush" it? That armor won't even trigger Juggernaut. You will get melted by everything with 0 Stealth and 11 Initiative. This is for Normal right? But even there... Or am I missing something?

It seems that you want a Tin Can build, but with ultra low Gun skill and some Melee. Well you could get away with 18 STR and un-specced Versatility, but then maintaining higher CON and WILL becomes a problem. If you don't want MP, just go with Triple Reinforced Tungsten Armor and Boots and maybe 6 Dex to get Paranoia and Trigger Happy to get at least 26 Initiative without Soda. Otherwise, Armor Sloping, Nimble + Springed Boots and Super Steel.

Basicly, doing Triple damage sources, each with different derived statistics and being any good at it + Survivability is not how this game likes to roll.

He is using the new Vasophore Armor, which provides a lot of good buffs, has decent resistances to acid, bio, and mechanical, and has no strength requirement.

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 06:05:51 am »

i beat dom with this, if you didnt get it

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 11:41:05 am »

I would honestly love to see that 😄 And by Beat the game, do you mean Tchort? I might learn something new if it felt OP as you've mentioned:

- Didn't know for example that Temporal Distortion damages dopplegangers.
Also feel free to multischool, cause i was able to free 70 points to squeeze in tm.You for example can go tm to kill doppels
Also, it takes 2 turns to proc damage, with no tranquility you will pop a max of 2 TD's per turn. Also, most of TC enemies will Mental Breakdown you first, which will often succeed (at least pre-lvl 26) and that means 2 Doppelgangers. 2 of them going at you with no MP to run away or Dodge to.. well.. dodge their attacks, they will inflict often in a region of 50-80(Domination TC Bilocation) x 3(attacks) x 2(Dopplegangers) x 2(turns) = on avarage 780 damage without crits before TD's finally proc. Bearing in mind most of Lunatic TC's are in stealth, they are super likely to get a drop on you first.

Do you have to start all encounters yourself? With 11 Initiative without soda, you would lose Init rolls to everything.
You also mentioned feat swaps, but exactly what feats? You have 7 Will - I imagine just for Stoicism and extra Resolve? You also have none of Spear Feats, so why Spears? You need to land an attack to get block up and doesn't require you to end combat with spear in hand? Would have to test it.
You also mentioned you get 85AP with supersteel, but I am guessing you meant MP. With no Armor-Sloping, you are left with 10-20MP? That is 1-2 tiles of movement at best? Of course TM would help, but would need an extra feat to get proper worth out of it.
Also no crit for rifle, no crit for melee as no dex, you don't use goggles, so no NVG. No Stealth, so no Ambush. Low gun skill.

Damn. I mean everything says it shouldn't work on DOM. So how does it work? 😅
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 12:12:50 pm by RewRatt »

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 11:45:44 am »
He is using the new Vasophore Armor, which provides a lot of good buffs, has decent resistances to acid, bio, and mechanical, and has no strength requirement.

Could someone post a screenshot of it? I haven't encountered it yet and Wiki needs updating. Recently updated the build from GOG, I imagine it is received through Institute quests (or maybe murder? 😆).

Guehlfirf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 12:28:44 pm »
https://stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tchortist_Vathosphore_Armor

This is what he is talking about. Still no info where to find it though.

Guehlfirf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 01:32:30 pm »
My hybrid of melee, range and psi.A great build with a lot of synergies and almost no weakness.
https://underrail.info/build/?Hg4DAwoDBwZQZQDCoAAAAAAAAFRkUihOWgDCoAAAKMKgaSsOwqMIFA0VY0RJaRIqX1XCncKnwrLDiXHinaAF4p-EAeKitQLiprgD4qeqA-KrhgHfvw

its advantages:
  • great burst damage with ar and pk
  • spear with yell grants you insane melee protection
  • very tanky, have strenght buffer against crippling your ar or metal armor.Tc isnt issue too
  • insane control options
  • social skills, great for any newbie to start and dont miss out on dialogue
About gear.I used rapid muzzle hornet and rapid muzzled huszar with tungsten shock spear spear.Headgear is either headband or helmet.Armor is vasophore armor, while it comes late i still consider it very useful, so i recommend you to rush it.Boots are either springed infused pig or metal boots metal boots.If you made supersteel gear you will have 85 ap, which depends on your springs will leave you with 10-20 mp which is very pleasant.

Many feats here could be replaced here with others, here some honorable mentions:telekinetic undulation will act as suppresive fire for us,opportunist will be useful with many of our ways to stun targets,fast metabolism to increase out healing(multiplicative with doctor) or if you want to wear regen tungsten, psychostatic electricity for increasing our crit chances, fight response to become even deadlier at our low health,expose weakness for saving w2c, general meleeing or combo with impla+punch,also any increased stat you want, i chose constitution.

I'm honestly suprised how apex this build performs, so will free to use.Tchort is evolution brothers, stay strong and cull faceless inbreds.

This whole post feels like a troll honestly

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 02:57:47 pm »
its a reward for joining Preservation in institute

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2021, 07:58:58 am »
https://stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tchortist_Vathosphore_Armor

This is what he is talking about. Still no info where to find it though.

Thanks a lot dude! 😄

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2021, 08:00:58 am »
its a reward for joining Preservation in institute

Great! Thanks, I'll keep it in mind 😄

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2021, 09:59:39 am »

I would honestly love to see that 😄 And by Beat the game, do you mean Tchort? I might learn something new if it felt OP as you've mentioned:

- Didn't know for example that Temporal Distortion damages dopplegangers.
Also, it takes 2 turns to proc damage, with no tranquility you will pop a max of 2 TD's per turn. Also, most of TC enemies will Mental Breakdown you first, which will often succeed (at least pre-lvl 26) and that means 2 Doppelgangers. 2 of them going at you with no MP to run away or Dodge to.. well.. dodge their attacks, they will inflict often in a region of 50-80(Domination TC Bilocation) x 3(attacks) x 2(Dopplegangers) x 2(turns) = on avarage 780 damage without crits before TD's finally proc. Bearing in mind most of Lunatic TC's are in stealth, they are super likely to get a drop on you first.

Do you have to start all encounters yourself? With 11 Initiative without soda, you would lose Init rolls to everything.
You also mentioned feat swaps, but exactly what feats? You have 7 Will - I imagine just for Stoicism and extra Resolve? You also have none of Spear Feats, so why Spears? You need to land an attack to get block up and doesn't require you to end combat with spear in hand? Would have to test it.
You also mentioned you get 85AP with supersteel, but I am guessing you meant MP. With no Armor-Sloping, you are left with 10-20MP? That is 1-2 tiles of movement at best? Of course TM would help, but would need an extra feat to get proper worth out of it.
Also no crit for rifle, no crit for melee as no dex, you don't use goggles, so no NVG. No Stealth, so no Ambush. Low gun skill.

Damn. I mean everything says it shouldn't work on DOM. So how does it work? 😅
You start fight like any tank builds, just go in and let them come.7 will is force user, stoi, and iron will (possible fight response).Spear is strong featless as sledge, its armor penetrating, block granting melee which nice to get, which gets better with out of leveling feats.There is a huge difference between having zero and 10-20 mp because you can come out of cover and burst then go back to cover.With stoi, tempered element, morphine aegis, doppels deal zero damage to you so you have less reasons to fear them.About guns, skill come from versatility and you need just soent 80 points to get your ranged feats

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2021, 08:27:15 pm »
You start fight like any tank builds, just go in and let them come.7 will is force user, stoi, and iron will (possible fight response).Spear is strong featless as sledge, its armor penetrating, block granting melee which nice to get, which gets better with out of leveling feats.There is a huge difference between having zero and 10-20 mp because you can come out of cover and burst then go back to cover.With stoi, tempered element, morphine aegis, doppels deal zero damage to you so you have less reasons to fear them.About guns, skill come from versatility and you need just soent 80 points to get your ranged feats

Again - Tempered is a Feat. Wasn't in your build. Stoicism depends on damage taken already, so is not a perma 20% reduction say (near death). Morphine and Aegis - fine. All build can pop it. Morphine lasts 2 turns, and you have no way to kill them and no way to wipe all TC'ers thanks to low mobility, low Initiative. I might be wrong, but had enough fights and seen enough fights to know what is a Reload.
If you could, like say KnifeGafs 10CON 11PER AR build - stealth in, shred and then fight with good MP - sure, legit. He also had ambush (50% Evasion reduction), to compensate for skill loss on 11PER. Your build has what? 178 skill lvl30. On DOMINATING?
There is a TON of fights, where you can't get into good postion with corners without stealth. You start in the open. Vathosphore armor has 15DT, 38% Phys Resist. All of your enemies start first, unless you roll real super nice.

You must be a troll. How is this gimpage an OP build??
Go AR tin-can with 6DEX with Paranoia and Trigger Happy + Soda(31 total Init), 40Stealth to Ambush, Grenadier and Incendiary Grenades. You will do MORE than this build ever can. You can 9STR, 4INT, 10 Con, 13PER or 12CON and 11PER and you will do fine. 255 to 282 Gun Skill, all feats, TM and whatever shit you want. Shit, drop little bit of CON, get 6INT, Armor Sloping and you are laughing.
Here: https://underrail.info/build/?HgkGAwgLAwbCoFAAAAAAKDo0QwBubi8tMgAAAEYAAFAowoNFFhUCSitVScOMwocmO09L378 - 311 Skill points left over.

Sorry man. I can't see this as a working build. It is too much of jack-of-no-trades. And that Vathosphore armor is just a poor-mans Biohazard Anti-Rifle Tac Vest. It may work, but no way is it OP, at least in my honest opinion.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 08:49:07 pm by RewRatt »