Author Topic: Reduce the dodge skill of Crawlers and Death Stalkers  (Read 1011 times)

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Reduce the dodge skill of Crawlers and Death Stalkers
« on: July 22, 2021, 06:42:24 pm »
They're gigantic bugs, not even coil spiders have this much dodge despite being all spindly and stuff. Crawlers have roughly 170-180 effective dodge, while Stalkers have roughly 220-230 effective dodge. If the wiki is anything to go by almost half the dodge comes from their incredibly high Agility. If the base dodge skill were to be reduced by about 30 it would be around ~110 dodge for Crawlers and ~160 dodge for Death Stalkers, which is far nicer.

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Reduce the dodge skill of Crawlers and Death Stalkers
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 06:58:53 pm »
if only there was a way to remove  dodge

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 07:50:34 pm »
Aye, the only ways to reduce their dodge as is is bear traps and nets (the latter of which are subject to evasion checks and cooldowns), but it also doesn't really make sense how such huge bugs can be so evasive, they're literally among the dodgiest animals in the game

KnifegaF

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 08:00:32 pm »
Not the only way. Taser, flash, stealth attack (DK is great for this though I read it may be bugged right now), imprint, new pk root, pk fist, electrokin, mindbreak, cryostasis, stingball (not a great one, I know) and then you can follow up any of these with some method of off balance to get rid of their dodge. I’m sure I’m missing something else too

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 08:44:40 pm »
My best counter for crawlers is just not doing any areas with crawlers. There's rarely ever anything good, and I suspect it's by design.
All dungeons with them have alternate paths for folks with the right skills.

KnifegaF

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 09:20:06 pm »
My best counter for crawlers is just not doing any areas with crawlers. There's rarely ever anything good, and I suspect it's by design.
All dungeons with them have alternate paths for folks with the right skills.
This and making everyone else kill them for you also makes life easier

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 09:24:58 pm »
Just to be clear I know how to deal with Crawlers, I already have many hours in the game and finished it several times, but I'm baffled by their dodge skill.