Author Topic: Cliff not dying  (Read 1303 times)

Malphas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Cliff not dying
« on: September 21, 2021, 03:01:15 am »
During the Save Jenny quest, I did not heal Cliff in any way. Despite this, he was still alive upon returning with Jenny, and they proceeded to have their argument. This has happened on two separate characters now, and did not happen when I played a few months ago.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Cliff not dying
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 09:54:34 am »
Hmmm, nothing's been changed recently. I did a minor tweak several updates ago, but that was more than a few months ago. Got an (auto)save just before coming back from the dungeon so I could check it out?

Malphas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 10:11:45 am »
If it helps, the previous time I was playing was in April. I don't think I have an auto save still, but I should be able to dig through old manual saves and find one. I'm not quite sure how to show you the save, but I'm sure I'll figure it out without much trouble. I'll see what I can do.

Malphas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 10:59:45 am »
Apparently the file size is too large for me to post? I managed to run through an old save of mine and get an autosave, but I'm not sure how to show it to you. I have it ready to go if you tell me how to send it to you. Sorry for the inconvenience. EDIT: It apparently kept an attachment on there, so I threw in all the ones that can fit in the post. The other two are too large.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 11:03:25 am by Malphas »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 01:18:43 pm »
Apparently the file size is too large for me to post? I managed to run through an old save of mine and get an autosave, but I'm not sure how to show it to you. I have it ready to go if you tell me how to send it to you. Sorry for the inconvenience. EDIT: It apparently kept an attachment on there, so I threw in all the ones that can fit in the post. The other two are too large.

You can upload it to Google Drive, Dropbox or any cloud service of your liking and then post the link here. That's generally the best way to go about it

Malphas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 02:01:36 pm »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 08:19:07 am »
Everything is in order. There's a bleeding timer value that's being compared to Cliff's remaining health every time you return to him, so during the last two playthroughs you were probably fast enough to finish the dungeon before Cliff bleeds to death. In this case, the bleeding value was just 0.3 points short of the remaining 28hp that Cliff has, so you were pretty close. :D

All in all, Cliff should be alive.

Malphas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 09:45:59 am »
Interesting. I didn't think you could actually outrun it. I might need to update the wiki, since it looks like it isn't correct. Funnily enough, it felt like I spent forever down there, but I guess combat and lots of saving and loading ended up making it seem longer. Thank you for looking into it, and have a nice day!