Author Topic: Sanic "Siphonerman" Psi-blade build  (Read 29550 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Sanic "Siphonerman" Psi-blade build
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2021, 02:45:40 am »
No problem, and I'm happy to hear it
*eurobeat intensifies*

Goblingeneral12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2022, 03:14:10 pm »
This might be a bit annyoing, but do you have a level 1 or an early level version of this build, I love the idea of it but have no idea where to start with it and when I guess what points to allocate I always end up fucking something up, can you show the skill points at around level 10-16?

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2022, 10:49:20 pm »
This might be a bit annyoing, but do you have a level 1 or an early level version of this build, I love the idea of it but have no idea where to start with it and when I guess what points to allocate I always end up fucking something up, can you show the skill points at around level 10-16?

The feats are in order.  Increase dex at 4th/8th/12th, increase agi at 16/20/24.  Max melee/throwing/lock/pickpocket/persuasion/TM at 1st level, with the remaining 30 going to crafting skills (aim for early grenade requirements, imo).  10-16 is an awkward period where you've finished leveling throwing/lock/pocket and are trying to max out dodge/evasion while hitting whatever crafting requirements you need.  I start leveling dodge/evasion in the early midlevels (you need 30 dodge for escape artist before depot A).  After 30 dodge I max out evasion first because its more useful. 

Forgot to mention that you always level TM.  Persuasion you dont need to powerlevel asap, but since you're only going to 112, id go ahead and max it out to be safe before you do core city/black sea quests.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 11:07:02 pm by harperfan7 »
*eurobeat intensifies*

Goblingeneral12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2022, 03:06:17 am »
Thank you so much

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2022, 05:19:27 am »
Oh, 40 dodge for fancy footwork.  Don't forget that.
*eurobeat intensifies*

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2022, 08:47:19 pm »
Update:  got some new items.  Sharpened straight tungsten for nagas.  Leper poison in general, crawler or black dragon on your side knife.  Blasting cap + crowbar + expose weakness for nagas and similarly tough enemies, can even add on a CACS because why not (I haven't tested if you can have cacs and blasting cap at the same time yet).  The kukri is a good side knife before you make a quality tichrome one. 

I upgraded my custom build a bit: 
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUNDQMDAwYAQADCoMKgwqAAAC4yAFtfD0tfAB4AwqBJAAA5JCs_wowqThPCh8KNBkdLPMKIwqXCsxLDjm0abMKewp_CoMKhwq3CnOKitQLip5YB4rGgBeKyiAXisokC378
It has lower persuasion because you need higher crafting now due to the All-in nerf.  You can make up the persuasion loss with special gear/consummables, but you need to use them at the right time.  Delayed EW to 30th since we have blasting caps now and you can make due without.  Premed comes early and we take some PK for electrokinesis; premed EK is a fantastic starter.  The extra psi cost doesn't hurt much; I didnt use too many psi boosters with the previous build and I never needed accelerators; they were largely wasted. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

deanisi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2022, 05:36:48 am »
Wow, that's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks dude, gonna try it as soon as I can.

P.S. Underrail char builder doesn't work in Russia for some reason. Well, it's VPN time.

Under-The-Wind

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2022, 06:41:19 pm »
Thanks for sharing this build - I've been having lots of fun mowing down everything in my way!

Koibra

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2022, 09:35:01 am »
Hey man,

Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but I was wondering what a psi-less version of this build would look like. I feel like every build i do has TM in it and I want to do a build without any psi shenanigans - more of like a conventional swordsman/dueler, throwing in feats like decapitate and ripper and such. Is such a build viable? If so, would it change that much?

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2022, 04:03:43 pm »
Basically anything is viable.  TM goes especially well with swords; I basically only use TM with swords.  That said, I have designed a non-psi version, but I've never played it and I don't know that it all works together. 

https://underrail.info/build/?HgUNCgUDBQUAwqAAwqDCoMKgAAAtLCxOXUVeWgAAAABTAAA5JCjCjE4SEwZHwo1LPDBcUcKmwrNtGmzCnsKfwqDCocKtwpzDjuKjsQXiqLsD4rKIBeKyiQLfvw

The quick tinkering is for placing down HE mines and stepping on them in combat.

You could drop the con and get decapitate if you wanted; not exactly sure what feat I would drop in that case.  This would get you tungsten chetes too, or the claymore. 

The main thing that changes is you have a lot less room for error; less mp, longer CDs, no stasis turn-extender.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 10:51:23 pm by harperfan7 »
*eurobeat intensifies*

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2022, 02:27:39 am »
update:  you can get to 95% accuracy with a machete while on a torpedo now if you use the lemurian marine armor and the jetdrag drink (even with non-ss chetes), but flurry goes on cooldown if you hit a jet rather than its rider (which might be a bug; if so its not resolved yet), also you need advanced naval combat.
*eurobeat intensifies*

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2023, 04:06:06 pm »
Shamelessly necroing.

I do like the build, though I admit I've never played without stealth or heavy armor before. Hopefully I can get through Silent Isle.

In the second iteration, you removed EW because of the availability of "blasting cap". I'm not sure what's that supposed to mean. Is this about using a Firecracker Cap with the crowbar? I've never ran these before, but I guess it might work for some key targets. Swords seemed decent enough at destroying small bots without needing armor exposure, but I'm concerned about fights like the Beast (though I guess I can throw acid vials and gas grenades still)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2023, 04:15:54 pm »
The only thing I use firecracker caps on are nagas and some bosses; for other armored enemies just use an energy sword (or sharpened tungsten shock chete for black sea bots).  Gas + caltrops + mollies for your allies is all you need for the beast fight.  You can just skip silent isle until later if you want; you dont need to do it early.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 04:26:06 pm by harperfan7 »
*eurobeat intensifies*

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2023, 04:35:57 pm »
Off topic, but Silent Isle is required to get to Blaine, right? Or am I missing some other path. That's usually why I force myself to rush it before Depot A. Hard to get tabis without him

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2023, 05:17:56 pm »
Yes, unless you have extreme hacking skill (I think 90?).  You *can* get the tabi blueprint elsewhere, but its random and rare.  You can also find hopper/pig/ninja tabis from vendors, rarely. 
*eurobeat intensifies*