Author Topic: Full Strength with balor hammer + exoskeleton armor (Is it Viable?)  (Read 3423 times)

YoungCourier

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
as the title said I wonder if it viable or not...

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Full Strength with balor hammer + exoskeleton armor (Is it Viable?)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 06:03:31 pm »
Exoskeleton armor has a lot of weaknesses, but Balors can be used without it. You are better off going leather for mobility, metal armor for survivability, or Rathound Regailia for the strength bonus.

YoungCourier

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 06:10:56 pm »
Exoskeleton armor has a lot of weaknesses, but Balors can be used without it. You are better off going leather for mobility, metal armor for survivability, or Rathound Regailia for the strength bonus.

I see... Is a hammer build with stealth and no metal. Armor viable or not?  I kinda want to play agile hammered which I will named hammerina. Since a lot of feat for sledgehammer usually want armor penalty for maximum power...

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 06:17:22 pm »
All of you questions can be answered in the ultimate hammer guide posted in the builds section. https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=5358.0 Since the exoskeleton armor still has 85% armor penalty your stealth, dodge, and evasion skills will greatly suffer. As long as you max strength you should have plenty of damage even without crits if you use Balor’s hammer, and agile leather hammer is superior in most regulated to the tin can hammer builds.

Cassidy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 01:26:06 am »
That exoskeleton is so limited that "rush for 'power armor'" play style is probably something for meme builds. Completely different from how Power Armor was in Fallout and Fallout 2 where meta rushing for them was worth it, without forgetting this one is not really power armor, only the exoskeleton part. Maybe a 10 STR unarmed juggernaut with max mercantile always carrying hundreds of batteries would do well with it, for that buff to STR when the exoskeleton is on would make quite a difference to fists damage, resulting at 21 STR at level 26 up to 22 with rathound BBQ, a sizable multiplier which is multiplicative with melee skill, yet with a high price to pay from being very power hungry and having a lot of armor penalty for too little protection.

Now, just to be clear: unarmed juggernaut + exoskeleton is a meme build IMO.

Choosing exoskeleton over other armors that either have much better defenses for similar armor penalty, less STR boost and very little defense but movement bonuses and zero penalty or similar defenses at drastically lower penalty looks like choosing shivs over combat knives.

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 01:51:00 am »
That exoskeleton is so limited that "rush for 'power armor'" play style is probably something for meme builds. Completely different from how Power Armor was in Fallout and Fallout 2 where meta rushing for them was worth it, without forgetting this one is not really power armor, only the exoskeleton part. Maybe a 10 STR unarmed juggernaut with max mercantile always carrying hundreds of batteries would do well with it, for that buff to STR when the exoskeleton is on would make quite a difference to fists damage, resulting at 21 STR at level 26 up to 22 with rathound BBQ, a sizable multiplier which is multiplicative with melee skill, yet with a high price to pay from being very power hungry and having a lot of armor penalty for too little protection.

Now, just to be clear: unarmed juggernaut + exoskeleton is a meme build IMO.

Choosing exoskeleton over other armors that either have much better defenses for similar armor penalty, less STR boost and very little defense but movement bonuses and zero penalty or similar defenses at drastically lower penalty looks like choosing shivs over combat knives.
Stats cap at 20, so most hammer builds go 17 str to reach 20 with adrenaline and bbq, or 15 str to reach 20 with vit powder and bbq.

ilhwang77

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 02:56:26 am »

I see... Is a hammer build with stealth and no metal. Armor viable or not?  I kinda want to play agile hammered which I will named hammerina. Since a lot of feat for sledgehammer usually want armor penalty for maximum power...

Viable and powerful.
https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=6111.0

This is my modified version of sheepherder's build, and was fully played on Dom with Oddity XP system.
https://underrail.info/build/?HhADCgMDAwgAcADCoCgAZEhlAABQWgw7SQAAI8KAAMKKUCsZOS0mEirCh0fDjsKIPxM8woVEwrbCph3io5MF4qeWBOKnlwHisaAF378
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 03:19:16 am by ilhwang77 »

Hammer Wizard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 05:25:13 pm »

Yes. One of my main builds is basically that.
*Snort*

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2021, 09:28:47 pm »
its good dodge alpha strile armor.Adrenaline, yell and kill the room so i can see the build working on any str melee like heavy glove, barefist, machete, machete, spear, hammer