Author Topic: Yet another FD vs Protectorate question/discussion (with spoilers as usual)  (Read 1896 times)

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I played the game 5 years ago, and appreciated it a lot (one of the 10 best games ever). Glad to see how the game has evolved (map++ and many other things).

One aspect I did not like back then was the FD vs Protectorate choice and consequences. Now, remembering it, I would like to be somehow truly neutral about that - save the train

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
I played the game 5 years ago, and appreciated it a lot (one of the 10 best games ever). Glad to see how the game has evolved (map++ and many other things).

One aspect I did not like back then was the FD vs Protectorate choice and consequences. Now, remembering it, I would like to be somehow truly neutral about that - save the train
The only way to be truly neutral is to try and get the train yourself, but then fail to disarm the bomb and just get out of the area 😆 You can't join either faction then. Otherwise, you can save it (inform or free it yourself and successfuly disarm), but not join the Protectorate. It is more RP way really 😅

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Plus one more question - Re: Yet another FD vs Protectorate question
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 09:14:10 pm »
Thanks.

Saving the train would have required some higher level at that time; as often in this game, I should have come back but was lazy, so this time again I snitched to the Protectorate; during the interview with Colonel Cathart (at Apogee), I told him that I did not want to join. This is neutral too.

BTW: my original post was incomplete; it was enough for you at least to get the gist.

One more question though : is there a way to get into the FD base without being sent by the protectorate?

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Plus one more question - Re: Yet another FD vs Protectorate question
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 09:19:04 pm »
One more question though : is there a way to get into the FD base without being sent by the protectorate?
By joining FD? 😅🤣 Otherwise I think it is all locked up with "quest locks".

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 09:56:19 pm »
By joining FD? 😅🤣 Otherwise I think it is all locked up with "quest locks".

Killing everyone at for apogee and try getting the key to the room with the ladder?

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 06:22:26 am »
Killing everyone at for apogee and try getting the key to the room with the ladder?
They don't 'Unlock' it, they use acid to break in.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 08:40:55 am »

They can use acid, but I can't. Is that what you are saying ?

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 10:05:15 pm »

They can use acid, but I can't. Is that what you are saying ?
Exactly.