Author Topic: Port Crag possible bug ?  (Read 1365 times)

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Port Crag possible bug ?
« on: August 30, 2021, 06:59:38 pm »
In Port Crag, in the NE building, you can enter a pipe to reach the NW building (there was an agility check, but can't remember whether it was 6 or less (my character has a base agility of 5, so less than 6)

But I can't make the return agility 8 check. I tried to kill everyone outside (too difficult at level 22, even packing them in the SW (detonating TNT behind the Metal beams).

As I spend a two hours killing the pirates in the NW building and exploring the basement, I would want to avoid reloading an older save.

SuNo

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Port Crag possible bug ?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 12:47:04 pm »
Anyone?

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 03:27:25 pm »
This is why you carry some hopper gear and steaks with you.  It's not a bug, you just screwed yourself.  You might try just popping a bunch of drugs, turning on your shield, and running for the exit.
*eurobeat intensifies*

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 04:48:50 pm »
This is why you carry some hopper gear and steaks with you.  It's not a bug, you just screwed yourself.  You might try just popping a bunch of drugs, turning on your shield, and running for the exit.

I may have missed something... How do you raise agility by 3? I will try again to run...

In this game, I have not seen any location where you can screw your self for more than one minute (visiting a map with crawlers at level 5, drinking something proposed by a total stranger) - an autosave reload does the trick. Except of course for the Point of No Return for Deep Cavern. Another example is at Upper Rail/Utility station, in the first level vents, where the jump down is clearly shown as "jump at your own risk". And again, you can reload less than 2 minutes.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
White Dude - Bug or Not ? Re: Port Crag possible bug ?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 08:01:18 am »
White Dude can increase Agility by 3, but the question of whether this agility check at 8 is the intended behevior remains.

YawaUR

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 10:54:29 am »
There's actually quite a lot of agility checks that have different checks depending on the side you're on. It's easier to go down a pipe than up, so 6 for down and 8 for up makes sense. Two I can think of off the top of my head, one in Fetid Marsh, a 16 agility check to jump down an area, 20 to jump back up. The other a steep drop in the vents in Utility Tower 6, 10 to jump up but only 3 to jump down.