Author Topic: Hammer wizard but with metathermics  (Read 6695 times)

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Hammer wizard but with metathermics
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2021, 10:29:37 am »
i think cryostasis is awesome because it never fails, useful in a lot of situations.

But wait, exothermic aura burns nets ?
I'm Potoldski on discord

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2021, 11:45:56 am »
i think cryostasis is awesome because it never fails, useful in a lot of situations.

But wait, exothermic aura burns nets ?
Didn't know this either. Do molotovs do the same? Can you throw one on yourself to burn them off? I never tried... never wanted to be rooted in a fire field.. 😅

Guehlfirf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2021, 04:47:02 am »
Just tested it. Neither molotovs nor exothermic aura burn nets. Would be cool though.

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2021, 01:48:12 pm »
Just tested it. Neither molotovs nor exothermic aura burn nets. Would be cool though.
Thanks Broski! 😄

dddmemaybe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2021, 01:19:52 am »
Imma add a little.

First off about Paranoia, the best part is actually -3% chance to be crit since you're so beefy and taking so many attacks.

Also Cryostasis is really effective for us as tank, as you can auto-6-ranged-disable the worst threats with it, and if you take Cryogenic Induction, a high power sledge attack is likely to full-hp shatter most enemies as a combo, which is huge.

Here's my build attempt for you: (level 16 build here:) https://underrail.info/build/?EAoDBgcDCQYAQwBaAAAAAAAAAFpaGypaAABaAABaKzlfK0Q9JFUqChwu378  (show crafting bonus)

A main strategy will be to remove any enemy's high dodge values to zero because your melee skill is not uber-high. Best options are:
Cryostasis
Taser
Throwing Net
Flashbang
Sledgehammer's 10% stun hahah.

Some later shit to get is like, Superslam, Fast Metabolism (will boost regen vest, hypos, AND psi boosters), Body Weight Training...ect. Armor sloping is good but, don't forget there are a lot of powerhouse low-end infused leather armors too- when the enemies deal non-mechanical and non-energy damage. Especially cold damage, ancient rathound and bison leather armor are so good, alongside slow immunity bootses. Armor Sloping also does nothing if you put on a super-heavy tac vest suit anyways.

Try to get your hands on some Infused Siphoner Leather Bootspring Boots (tabis lose us crit-protection) to have slow immunity.

edit: re-arranged the order of the last couple feats.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 01:24:34 am by dddmemaybe »

Guehlfirf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2021, 05:21:27 am »
Imma add a little.

First off about Paranoia, the best part is actually -3% chance to be crit since you're so beefy and taking so many attacks.

Also Cryostasis is really effective for us as tank, as you can auto-6-ranged-disable the worst threats with it, and if you take Cryogenic Induction, a high power sledge attack is likely to full-hp shatter most enemies as a combo, which is huge.

Here's my build attempt for you: (level 16 build here:) https://underrail.info/build/?EAoDBgcDCQYAQwBaAAAAAAAAAFpaGypaAABaAABaKzlfK0Q9JFUqChwu378  (show crafting bonus)

A main strategy will be to remove any enemy's high dodge values to zero because your melee skill is not uber-high. Best options are:
Cryostasis
Taser
Throwing Net
Flashbang
Sledgehammer's 10% stun hahah.

Some later shit to get is like, Superslam, Fast Metabolism (will boost regen vest, hypos, AND psi boosters), Body Weight Training...ect. Armor sloping is good but, don't forget there are a lot of powerhouse low-end infused leather armors too- when the enemies deal non-mechanical and non-energy damage. Especially cold damage, ancient rathound and bison leather armor are so good, alongside slow immunity bootses. Armor Sloping also does nothing if you put on a super-heavy tac vest suit anyways.

Try to get your hands on some Infused Siphoner Leather Bootspring Boots (tabis lose us crit-protection) to have slow immunity.

edit: re-arranged the order of the last couple feats.

Great point about paranoia.

Why 9 will instead of 9 con?

Superslam is in the same category as stoicism for me. It's not worth it. With your build on 16 level it's just 50 bonus damage. On level 30 the damage increases to 86. Sure you can spec it. But spec points are scarce enough to not waste them on bonus hp and a bit more damage once or twice per combat.
On the other hand with only 10 str you might not have enough damage to oneshot most enemies. Might be worth it in this case.