Author Topic: Diedrick and Ryl random event  (Read 2650 times)

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
  • Strike em quick, lightning fast.
    • View Profile
    • https://bitbucket.org/N1MH/starsector-mods/downloads/
Diedrick and Ryl random event
« on: September 17, 2021, 12:14:59 pm »
This is a pretty good random event i've had happen three times so far on different playthroughs.

First you get 3 tactical vests, a shotgun, a sledgehammer and a smg right at the start of the game if your lucky, 200 charons when you go to junkyard after completing the event (you can do this at the start of the game)

And later on in core city you get Diedrick as a merchant, and he sells a decent amount of mk IV grenades as well as q~90 electronics and if I remember correctly he can also convert your SGS credits into charons at a fair rate via manual trading

(Though this was when I refused to accept their 200 charons in junkyard, if you accept them this might be different, haven't tried it)

Anyways, what other good random events do you all know of? Another one I like is the fight with Dandy Jack, Steelhead and their minions, there are quite a few enemies and its a pretty tough fight, but if you win you get 2 super soldier drugs and alot of gear to sell.
Im working on maknig a guide for new players on DOMINATING. Help needed. Do not PM me.

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Diedrick and Ryl random event
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 05:51:13 pm »
Never had them appear. How are they in Dominating if you get to meet them early on? I suspect they should be quite hard, but the benefits are really good.

Easy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 09:50:45 pm »
I've seen them a few times super early on dominating, I think once on the way to mushroom cove and once in the basement of the largest SGS outpost. Skipped them the first time after getting my ass kicked on several attempts. The second time, was able to go back a few levels later, at like 5 or 6, and the fight wasn't that bad between manually entering combat and using some molotovs.

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 11:16:59 am »
Never had them appear. How are they in Dominating if you get to meet them early on? I suspect they should be quite hard, but the benefits are really good.

Event is pretty easy on dominating even at level ~2, Diedrick is a decently strong psionic and Ryl has accurate nets.
Im working on maknig a guide for new players on DOMINATING. Help needed. Do not PM me.

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 12:12:59 pm »
I remember meeting Arsonist (https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Arsonist) at lvl3 in SGS Underpasses... that was fun 😆 - Spots me instantly through stealth. Had to use Bear Traps around every corner and kite/kill him that way. It was pretty intense.

ItsChon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 07:28:33 pm »
Where did you see Diedrick in Core City? I accepted the 200 Charons so I wonder if he'll be there.

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 08:06:31 am »
To the east in the Core City residential district