Author Topic: 2 Ice Tower Bugs  (Read 1000 times)

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
  • Strike em quick, lightning fast.
    • View Profile
    • https://bitbucket.org/N1MH/starsector-mods/downloads/
2 Ice Tower Bugs
« on: September 26, 2021, 12:57:09 pm »
First, if a ghost crawler/coil spider is blocking the stairs on this part when you go down them you get stuck in this spot and can only leave via CE tping. Image attached

Second, you seem to take much more damage and take it faster when moving around in a faster speed than a slower one (speed as in the ones you change via clicking F2 and F4)
Im working on maknig a guide for new players on DOMINATING. Help needed. Do not PM me.

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Ice Tower Bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 07:17:20 am »
I've found a few more spots where similar issue of getting stuck could happen by getting bumped on area transitions. They should all be fixed now.

Are you talking about the cold gas or the winds on the outskirts? The cold gas inside works the same as any cold gas throughout the game. Whether or not the cold tick will happen, depends on how many times your character stops while moving through the gas itself. If you're moving constantly without stuttering or stopping then the cold damage should be drastically lower. In addition, once the frigid environment removes your resistances to cold, the damage can skyrocket.

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
  • Strike em quick, lightning fast.
    • View Profile
    • https://bitbucket.org/N1MH/starsector-mods/downloads/
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 09:16:30 am »
I was talking about the cold gas, I noticed the different damage amounts when I exited and reopened the game making the speed reset back to default, though its possible there is no bug at all and the extra damage I was taking is just from the few moments where my character stops moving on the higher speed making the game think I stopped moving for a whole second or something like that meaning I took more damage, will test this soon.

EDIT: Cold damage ticks seem to be random? Walking the same distance on various speeds sometimes I take 0 instances of damage while it can go up to 8 instances, also amount of damage varies greatly as well.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 09:22:09 am by xnmh »
Im working on maknig a guide for new players on DOMINATING. Help needed. Do not PM me.

Hammer Wizard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 11:25:25 pm »
Any time of gas damage is actually a range of damage, like almost all attacks in this game.
For example, the damage range of a toxic gas cloud ranges between I'd say 5-15 damage, and ever increasing with further contaminated debuff stacks.
In a similar way would work with cold gas and frigid envirioment.
So everytime you get hit a by a gas, it's actually a random tick of damage selected from a damage range.
*Snort*