Author Topic: Sell to Aran or not?  (Read 1904 times)

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Sell to Aran or not?
« on: December 11, 2021, 07:01:13 am »
This is more of a moral question.

Do you think it's best to sell the AcoNr to Aran for like 20,000, or give it to a friendly faction (such as Oculus)?

With Aran, I know it's going to end up in North Underrail, Protectorate and then probably Hexagon. Not sure if they'll be able to open it, but the Protectorate and friends aren't the best people.

With Oculus, I'm already working for them [although they just might sell it to the highest bidder anyway].

I don't need Aran's equipment - I have a stealth char, but I can craft better stealth armour. What do you prefer to do?

Richter

Re: Sell to Aran or not?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 06:44:51 pm »
Give it to someone you can trust instead.

Easy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 12:38:50 am »
Sure. The world of Underrail is a rough place and the Protectorate seems like the most capable faction you can give it to, so if you want to maximize humanity's chances at survival you might give it to them. And then you'd give it to Aran over the Professor because Aran might just murder the Professor and take it anyway.

Wr4i7h

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 01:47:14 pm »
I believe Aran doesn't really work for the Protectorate. Just a hunch.

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
    • My primary forum account. (German, no advertising.)
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 11:19:36 am »
Alright. Let's consider our options...

Tanner - We all know how his story ends. Giving the device to him will just result in it's disappearance.

Totally not Styg (Ezra.) - He might be shady at first, but he is a responsible person and knows a lot more than you think. (It's probably that he was a former Biocorp employee who worked in Hollow Earth.) If you give it to him, you can be sure that the Acorn will stay save in SGS.

The Professor - It gets taken from him in North Underrail. It'll be in the hands of the University of Dis. Though if you want to give it to the north, the Protectorate is your best option.

The Colonel - It'll be shipped to the north and be under high security and probably be investigated by the best scientists they have available. Not to mention the extreme security they can provide. It also gives you some after-game benefits. Like a promotion for example.

Azif - I'm not sure about him. It's most likely going to get sold to some high bidder or so. They won't keep it as it isn't a godmen device. Unlike a certain light source.

Archibald - He will basically lock it into a vault deep in the underground. Same with the other oligarch. (Gunnar won't accept it.) It's probably going to stay burried for decades until some raiders find it.

Eidein - It'll disappear. Like with Tanner. The faceless will probably pick it up or just leave it there.

Aran - He is the most shady person of the bunch. He might not even be Protectorate or US aligned. What will happen to it in his hands can only be speculated.

That should be everyone. In the end it's really up to you what you want to do with it. I told you what will happen with it when you give it to a certain person.

You can contact me on Discord if you want.
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

Mocade

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 03:59:51 pm »
I wouldn't sell it, you could possibly end up retrieving it again in Underrail: Infusion. Not that this path will be wrong, only more common. Keep it with you to be open for future possibilities.

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 10:37:07 pm »
I wouldn't sell it, you could possibly end up retrieving it again in Underrail: Infusion. Not that this path will be wrong, only more common. Keep it with you to be open for future possibilities.

Do you think there will be carryover from Underrail to infusion in terms of player content [i.e. save games]?

I understand that this was common in classical RPGs, where you could take your party to the next game. However, Underrail: Infusion will be a "standalone game" on a new engine, so I am not sure that there will be any transfer of information from Underrail to Infusion.

Has there been any information released about this?