Author Topic: Asking Jon about Phreak and Patrick locks you out of Phreak's information  (Read 1432 times)

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Asking Jon about both of them (each require Jon's Special) at the same time before going to Moe's for the food locked me out of the option of giving him his Special for information about Phreak.

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Asking Jon about Phreak and Patrick locks you out of Phreak's information
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 08:47:48 pm »
buy another one

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 06:37:21 pm »
I have like 2 more Jon's Specials in my inventory and neither of them prompt the option.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 11:51:07 am »
Can you upload your save for me to test it? You can use Dropbox, Google Drive, anything you like, and post the link here.

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 08:29:40 pm »
(removed link)
It took me too much time searching through online folder engines to realize I could just turn it into a zip file and thus upload it on file upload sites
The detailed breakdown: Got the option to ask about Patrick Pierce, got the option to ask about Phreak, asked Jon about Phreak first who then asked for Jon's Special, but before I left I subsequently asked him about Patrick Pierce which prompted weird dialogue (as if I had already given his Special already), left, got the option to make Jon's Special twice at the bar, came back, only had the option to give him his Special for Patrick Pierce.

Weirdly enough the dialogue for Phreak appears normally again, I assume something along the way got tripped which is likely viewing his entry in (Oculus).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 01:02:23 pm by Barry »

Quidam Craft

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2022, 02:26:45 pm »
In a very similar way, I got a bug with Jon as well.

I never did or even started the quest where we ask about Patrick.
Finished all(?) Phreak quests.

I ask Jon about Phreak, come back with the special, and no dialogue line is available for me neither.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 11:18:49 am »
Weirdly enough the dialogue for Phreak appears normally again, I assume something along the way got tripped which is likely viewing his entry in (Oculus).

I think this could be the reason. Spoilers: You can learn about Phreak from several different sources, and his real name is not always revealed, so the player can refer to him in several different ways when talking to Jon (Mit Draper, Phreak, old hacker...). My guess is that there's a certain issue with how these flags are checked/set, so tell me, how did you learn about Phreak in the first place?

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2022, 04:23:14 pm »

I think this could be the reason. Spoilers: You can learn about Phreak from several different sources, and his real name is not always revealed, so the player can refer to him in several different ways when talking to Jon (Mit Draper, Phreak, old hacker...). My guess is that there's a certain issue with how these flags are checked/set, so tell me, how did you learn about Phreak in the first place?
(Got in Motion enough times to end up in the facility with the coil spiders and all)

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 10:34:24 am »
Just as I suspected. Fixed for the next hotfix.