Author Topic: can suggestions still impact Underrail?  (Read 818 times)

agris

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
can suggestions still impact Underrail?
« on: April 16, 2022, 08:07:15 pm »
Looking through this forum, I can't help but notice that there isn't much engagement with new suggestions. I recognize that this isn't that unusual; Underrail is at the end of it's post-release support in terms of updates and improvements, and when suggestions require significant code/area/design time, they are probably beyond the scope of whatever continued support is planned.

So my question is: do the developers have any appetite for considering implementing suggestions that are, for lack of a better description, trivial?

It's my own fault that I waited so long to play the full game (Alpha 0.1.X was the last time I played...) but now that I'm into the game and bumming around the Foundry, there are multiple keyboard-centric controls suggestions I'd like to provide. I guess what I'm asking is, is there any consideration for implementing simple stuff like "create dedicated keyboard binding option A for previously mouse-only click interaction Z"?

It would be nice to know before potentially wasting time tracking and writing up controls/input-related suggestions.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 08:08:56 pm by agris »

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: can suggestions still impact Underrail?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 08:35:16 pm »
I don't mind cause I understand they're working on Infusion and this game's more than 10 years old. At some point you gotta cut off most of the updates or it'll leech development time from future projects. Look at Valve, they stopped making updates for their multiplayer games every month and suddenly they got enough time to make a new singleplayer game, only suggestions that probably fly around these days are the small ones that wouldn't take more than an hour to do, or the technical ones like what you're proposing.

Mocade

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: can suggestions still impact Underrail?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 05:27:48 pm »
Last suggestion i know that actually breaked through the game was refurbishing weapons