Author Topic: Make an Antagonist  (Read 634 times)

Amannamedsquid

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Make an Antagonist
« on: December 30, 2023, 06:55:30 pm »
I made a post a few years ago called "Make a monster" where I asked fellow Underrail enthusiasts what kinds of critters/enemies they would like to see in Infusion or whatever comes after that. Well this time, I'm going to ask you all this: What kind of Big Bad Evil Boss or Main/Major Antagonist would you like to see?

Will any of it be implemented in Infusion or whatever else comes next? I have no flip-flapping clue. But I figured that this makes for a fun little exercise in creativity while we wait.

So I ask again, what would you like to see?

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Make an Antagonist
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 09:38:51 pm »
Special trader with unique AI logic. Will always know what you need depending on your build, have it for sale and want for it a bit more than you have. When you return with more cash the price will increase, or the item will be temporrly sold out (and marked as such so you know.)

Highwayman667

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 02:32:26 am »
I think his name was Melek (?), the Protectorate General (?). I'd deffinitely like to see that guy or perhaps some protectorate goon trying to beat us up at every turn.

Or maybe just an asshole like Gorsky. That dude had a nasty chip on his shoulder.
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura is the best RPG of all time :)

Eidein

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 08:40:02 am »
Melek is the leader of the protectorate and in-large the united stations as a whole, I doubt he would deal with some random southerner personally.
We can, we must

Highwayman667

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 10:42:06 pm »
Melek is the leader of the protectorate and in-large the united stations as a whole, I doubt he would deal with some random southerner personally.

I think it would depend on what type of story we're dealing with. To me, the real villains are the clearly ambitious duderinos who funded an entire expedition with the goal of getting the acorn in the black sea, and those guys seem to be protectorate fellows.

If those guys keep going after me in Infusion, I'll be a happy zoner.
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura is the best RPG of all time :)