Author Topic: Is tin can AR still a decent build  (Read 5491 times)

B

• Noob
    • View Profile
Is tin can AR still a decent build
« on: June 30, 2022, 06:20:15 pm »
I played the game off and on, but had a hard time getting into it and every time I start up a new game the whole meta seems to shift. I was wondering if AR tin can was still decent didn't find anything recently saying anything about it, it's the build I want to hopefully use to beat the game.

Hinz

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Is tin can AR still a decent build
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 09:54:47 pm »
Maybe I can help you out, I'm no expert but I know rocking metal armor even on a 3 con is fine, can remain relatively mobile (or be an immovable Tower), and there are some nice feats that synergize well with AR's and the Burst ability. I wasn't sure if you had Expedition when I whipped this up, and while Base game Psi utility abilities can be handy, I again wasn't sure if that's something you wanted to utilize.

This is what I believe to be, a generic Tin Can AR Burst build. Intended for normal difficulty. There's still so much meta knowledge I'm unaware of so it won't be perfect.

https://underrail.info/build/?GQgGBwMNAwbCh30AAAAAAF8yAMKHYGBNWWAAAAAAAFYkJjs5FRZKGUlbRU8OKA

Into the later levels I was struggling to find feats to pickup as quite a lot are from Expedition. Temporal Manipulation is also, from Expedition  :P . Definitely would have had 55 TM and/or dumped extra points in there for Psi Haste and taken 1 or 2 synergizing feats. I tried to give you good crafting capabilities (crafting is so OP, for real.), and included what should cover all hacking and lockpicking checks in the base game with corresponding Haxxor/lockpick III's. Mercantile for all the special merchandise. Invest in the workbench for your house.

B

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 02:39:12 am »
Hey thanks man I appreciate it!

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 03:07:16 pm »
There are a few enemy types that will give tincan ARs a hard time, but its the kind of build you basically cant go wrong with.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Easy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 05:39:21 pm »
Yes it's still good, although with the addition of TM you probably want to dabble in that for Psycho-temporal Contraction and Stasis, instead of skipping psi altogether.

Here's a pretty tanky version, that picks up Thick Skull and still has very good damage output - https://underrail.info/build/?HgkDAwoMAwbCoGEAAAAAAGJ0AADCoMKgWGVuAAAARgAAeCtjTzsmFcKHSidJKjFLCFDCtcKkVcKtw4Xin6IF4qe0Ct-_

Better like the burst mechanic if you use this build.

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 11:08:08 pm »
always have been

Niko

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 03:39:06 pm »
Takes three feats and two optional ones, everything else is just whatever you feel you want.
Concentrated Fire > Commando > Full Auto > Opportunist > Suppressive Fire

You can easily finish the game on normal with 80 quality _rapid_muzzled_ hornet crafted for 7.62. Or five.
All you need is the carry weight to have 1500 rounds around. Or 3000.... and a lot of mechanical repair kits.

Pack Rat is a very fun optional feat to have.

Also against bullets you might opt for tactical vest instead of metal. Just combine it with metal helmet and metal boots for threshold and resistance if a sniper breaches.

For energy go for quadruple TiChrome chest, plus TiChrome helmet and boots, so you actually resist energy damage.

That is pretty much the advice you need to get going. Nothing really beats AR.

-N