Author Topic: Dev Log #30: Version 0.1.11.0 released  (Read 16381 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #30: Version 0.1.11.0 released
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 05:48:11 am »
When leveling up, no longer you recover all your health and/or psi.

It never did.

I remember 2 versions back it used to though perhaps it was a bug back then? I clearly remember it saving my life on the GMS burrower hive as I was severely poisoned but it was almost finished running the course, I killed an enemy, got all my life back and survived thanks to that... Can't say I regained my full psi too at the time, can't remember it anymore but I have the impression I used too as well... Anyway if it's intentional not to recover life and psi with a level up then disreguard it.

No, it really never did. When you level up you carry over the your current health percentage which effectively results in increasing your current flat health after you level up (because you have more max health), but it certainly didn't refill your health/psi.

Ivan Bajlo

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 12:38:26 pm »
We will initially be releasing the new update only on Steam
So how long do the others (like me) have to wait?

I'll probably wait until Tuesday/Wednesday and then send the latest version to the other distributors, though it might take them some time after that to upload it.

Isn't there someone we could bribe to get that special personal download link?  ;D

Zephyros

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 03:11:43 am »
Hey Styg,

I was in Foundry perusing Bobby's shop, and I noticed that he sold bolts of Alu/Black cloth with no quality rating (they were compiled in bundles of 5.) What is the function of these bolts of cloth? Do we need a schematic to combine them to make the usual variant?

Edit: Ah, they are 1 quality each. Heavy :X
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:23:19 am by Zephyros »

fakum12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 08:11:03 am »
Isn't there someone we could bribe to get that special personal download link?  ;D
Yeah, it's really annyoing. Easter weekend here is a long weekend (4 days) and I was really excited when I read that the update is out - only to find out that I am just a second class customer because I used the "wrong" shop.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 10:41:09 am »
Hey Styg,

I was in Foundry perusing Bobby's shop, and I noticed that he sold bolts of Alu/Black cloth with no quality rating (they were compiled in bundles of 5.) What is the function of these bolts of cloth? Do we need a schematic to combine them to make the usual variant?

Edit: Ah, they are 1 quality each. Heavy :X

Probably forgot to add the quality randomizer for it. Will take a look.

Yeah, it's really annyoing. Easter weekend here is a long weekend (4 days) and I was really excited when I read that the update is out - only to find out that I am just a second class customer because I used the "wrong" shop.

You guys could always just redeem your Steam keys, unless you have something against using that platform, which is understandable I guess. The idea is not to promote one platform or the other, it's just that it's not practical to deploy hotfixes on other platforms and that's why I want to stabilize the version on Steam first (which does a good job of this).

fakum12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 01:49:12 am »
You guys could always just redeem your Steam keys, unless you have something against using that platform, which is understandable I guess.
Funny. Guess why I used Desura.

it's just that it's not practical to deploy hotfixes on other platforms
Then, for gods sake, don't advertise a new version on those minor platform unless you deplay it there. Or at least do it with an some hint about the ETA on that platform.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 06:48:07 pm »
Just can't wait for complete game.

Ivan Bajlo

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 02:25:39 pm »
Great, new version!

For you guys who don't like using steam, you definitely aren't second class customers. The way I see it, steam gets the worst initial bugs of each patch and Styg hotfixes those before deplying to other platforms. ;)

Bugs bugs bugs bugs! Lovely bugs! Wonderful bugs!  (for younger generations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_eYSuPKP3Y full: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE )

As old Paradox customer, bugs are perfectly normal thing to me and with their games being easily modable fixing them myself become a regular thing... if they released game code I would have probably become full time programmer just to get the game to do what I want it to do.  ;)

LazyMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 04:31:08 pm »
Thanks for the update Styg.
As soon as i have some free time i will give it a spin.  :)
Utility Belt
"The most important tool in fighting crime."

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 04:10:33 am »
I'm really loving this update! My fist weapon/trapper/grenade tosser has never been so viable. I don't think I can hold back the tears.
One thing though, I never knew there was a level cap implemented until now. I wish I knew so I could've planned better, but what's done is done. My character is pretty destructive as it is anyway.