Author Topic: Hopperdrome cheating: any insights?  (Read 926 times)

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Hopperdrome cheating: any insights?
« on: August 23, 2022, 04:31:30 pm »
From my limited testing in the hopperdrome, you're meant to have an opportunity to tip the scales for the race. The primary mechanism for this is sneaking into the cages and interact with the hoppers before the race.
With Biology skill, you can determine the heart condition, the digestive health, and the mental state. You can impact hoppers by giving them food or meds. From what I could observe, food reduces digestive health, while meds weaken heart condition and destabilizes mental health (I could not determine if the *type* of food or meds had different impact, maybe veggies would improve health?).
I figured that since meds lasted too short to have any impact on the race, the goal of this is ruin the health of the competitors, not improve the health of your hopper, right? I didn't see any buffs on the hoppers, and none of the hoppers seemed to perform any better under food or meds.

My problem is that even if I make sure all the competition are bloated unstable creeps, the hopper I bet on never seems to win.

Has anyone else used cheating with success?

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Hopperdrome cheating: any insights?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 06:21:05 pm »
Yeah, you use bad drugs/food on competitors, good stuff on your own, and you can use contraction on your hopper during the race as well.  There's probably other ways to cheat, but Ive only bothered with the race once.
*eurobeat intensifies*

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 07:23:00 pm »
Drugs such as adrenaline shots or jumping beans can increase the hopper's speed (if it survives the dose), but the exact mechanics of how it work are rather cryptic.
Valor's favorite poster

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 07:32:24 pm »
Maybe this is why my results sucked, I was trying to near-overdose my competition with adrenaline. Maybe health condition has little effect on the race, and it's really just a measure of how much drugs it can take on?