Author Topic: Does anyone have a working plasma build?  (Read 3153 times)

Goblingeneral12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Does anyone have a working plasma build?
« on: January 06, 2023, 04:55:35 am »
Does anyone actually have a build that makes good use of the plasma pistol, looks really fun doing insane damage with it but is there any setup that makes it actually viable for hard/dom?

Vibos

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have a working plasma build?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 06:35:19 am »
Alter man was playing build that have 18 int and have use of plasma pistols. Here is his youtube playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W60EMkCQmfo&list=PLHqcEnX1R6us0KlUMgH8V-Lx6caQu8Mgl
He have not shared his build yet, but here is my vision on it.
https://underrail.info/build/?HgMDCAMKAxDCoF8AAMKGAMKgN8KCZAAoQTE3PAAAAEZGACUBOSYeKwLCmlopSzMqwofCiEHCtMKFHd-_

Red like Black

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 11:52:56 am »
While I haven't used energy pistols since the critical power nerf and this might be more complicated than the build you are looking for, here is a hypothetical plasma grenade + pistol + lemurian spear build I intend to use in the coming months

underrail info/build/?GggOBgMGAwYZRwDCjADCjMKMWzEcAFdTNDZTAAAAAAAATSQ5AcKjAkVZwqxLJjoPMcKFwrPip4IC4rWuCd-_

Add a period inbetween underrail and info for the link to work

Main gear is depending on the situation, a single plated super steel or tichrome armor that ends up with below 25% penalty after all the feats and special attack boosting night vision goggles.

As for weapons you want a electroshock spear made of tichrome until you get the lemurian spear as well as, depending on the situation, a plasma or electroshock pistol.

Bonus and recommended but unneccessary: Restart the game until you get the skull smasher event on your starting computer in your room in SGS and use the boom belt + evasive manuevers to boom plasma grenades around you in tough fights.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 01:01:17 pm »
The problem with plasma is that it is overkill for most enemies past the early game.  Its a boss killer, whereas the laser pistol is your main workhorse and the electropistol is idea for certain situations.  Most epistol players use a laser in one hand, electro in the other, and carry a plasma for bosses and the like.  If you were going to main a plasma pistol, I would go for maxed/near-maxed dex with versatility, 6 or 7 per, 10 int, and 4 or 5 agi.  They already do gobs of damage, so you would aim for more shots. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Goblingeneral12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 02:21:03 pm »
Alter man was playing build that have 18 int and have use of plasma pistols. Here is his youtube playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W60EMkCQmfo&list=PLHqcEnX1R6us0KlUMgH8V-Lx6caQu8Mgl
https://underrail.info/build/?HgMDCAMKAxDCoF8AAMKGAMKgN8KCZAAoQTE3PAAAAEZGACUBOSYeKwLCmlopSzMqwofCiEHCtMKFHd-_
This build looks really cool, but how does it play out early, is it just spam traps/grenades and pray for crits on lasers? I usually play melee :P

Goblingeneral12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 02:21:24 pm »
Also cool yt videos

Vibos

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2023, 06:11:09 am »
This build looks really cool, but how does it play out early, is it just spam traps/grenades and pray for crits on lasers? I usually play melee :P
Use firearms and traps/grenades before you complete gms compound. You can easily stealth through all Depot A. The purpose of this build - one shot all with aimed shot of electroshock or plasma pistol. Use circular wave amplifier to up your critical modifier, and smart googles to up your damage. This build do not rely on critical chance. It rely on ambush to have 100% crit. So you need to hoard Molotovs later, and have knowledge how to position yourself. For armor use padded infused pig leather overcoat and black cloth/infused bison tabis. Also do not forget to use limited temporal increment every turn.

Goblingeneral12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2023, 12:54:03 pm »
Thanks this really helps I think I'll try it out for next build.

Goblingeneral12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2023, 01:30:36 pm »
Also in the videos you you telepathic grounding, but its not on the build. Is that not needed anymore, or are the points just better elsewhere?

Vibos

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2023, 03:45:48 pm »
Also in the videos you you telepathic grounding, but its not on the build. Is that not needed anymore, or are the points just better elsewhere?
Thats not my channel, I just dropped a link to it here. Yeah, I forgot. Invest 30 points in pcyhokinesis just for grounding and you good to go. Also lockpicking, pickpocketing and persuasion are optional. They are my own preferences. Also you can find plasma pistol early in the Junkyard, Google it. Or craft if you have enough money. And I would switch places of ambush and high technicalities if you find/craft enegy/electro/plasma pistol early.