Author Topic: Feat idea: Controlled Burst  (Read 626 times)

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Feat idea: Controlled Burst
« on: September 22, 2022, 01:24:39 pm »
I have some problems with playing ARs and SMGs:

- consume ammo like crazy
- accuracy falls considerably with range, I melee enemies with my guns half the time
- boring to play (burst, burst, burst, reload, burst...)
- all that for pointless overkill damage

So I suggest the following feat to stir things up:

Controlled Burst

Unconditional special attack that costs as many APs as your burst attack. Fires half the normal amount of bullets rounded up. Lessened Accuracy penalty from distance. Cannot suppress enemies.

This would allow me to choose whether I want to empty half the clip at the enemy or rather conserve my ammo, while knowing the bullets actually hit distant target. 3, 4(Full Auto) or 5 (Full Auto + muzzle break) bullets per burst would lessen the amount of ammo wasted per fight (and I could reload less often). Each time I shoot I would need to decide how I want to deal with each enemy, so the gameplay would be less brain dead.

Also, consistent with how guns operate in real life :)

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 01:28:12 pm by Turbodevil »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Feat idea: Controlled Burst
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 02:26:41 pm »
This should be in suggestions.

They consume ammo like crazy, but theres always more ammo than you can use (unless you mean jhp and w2c).
Accuracy falls off quickly; but missed burst shots basically auto-hit other targets in the cone.

Anyway, I don't think that would be a bad idea, but I would add that misses won't hit other enemies.
*eurobeat intensifies*