Author Topic: Absolute beginner looking for help with Tank/Pyro build  (Read 2049 times)

A_Mad_Alien

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Absolute beginner looking for help with Tank/Pyro build
« on: February 24, 2023, 07:15:52 pm »
I'm a complete noob, I bought this game a few days ago, and I already like it quite a lot, but I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know what I want to do.
I heard about the amount of build diversity in this game, so I had to try it out.
My goals are:
1- Tank as much damage as possible
2- kill people and things, with extreme heat
There are no flame throwers in this game (sadly), so the next best thing is Granades, Incendiary Ammo, and Metathermics
If I were to use weapons I'd prefer assault rifles, but anything that can deal good damage and burn things in the process is good for me
I prefer to use weapons and grenades instead of Metathermics, since it's my first build and I want to keep it simple and not spread my stats too thin.
Any and all help and advice will be appreciated, thank you for your time.

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Absolute beginner looking for help with Tank/Pyro build
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 08:21:31 pm »
Assault Rifle Tank is a very basic and quite easy build for beginners. You can use 8.6 caliber to gain access to incendiary ammo and use magnesium/napalm grenades to set stuff on fire.

Here's a simple AR tincan build:
https://underrail.info/build/?HgkGAwoJAwbCoG4AAAAAKEsyAAB4eDIjeAAAAAAAAFAIYjsWFSZKVUljHwLCtcKk4qGHBOKnqgPip7QI378
You are almost immobile but you will have lots of health and be able to tank most normal attacks. Preferable gear is metal armor, metal boots, metal helmet with shaded glasses and assault rifle Hornet model 8.6 caliber with rapid reloader and muzzle brake upgrades. Assault Rifles use up lots of ammo so be prepared to make lots of it.
Combat strategy should be simple: you use burst attacks on enemies and watch them die and throw a grenade from time to time if they are too far away.
Feats more or less in order, you can also add later two more feats of your choice. If you feel like it, you can add some skill points into pickpocket (to steal ammo from people) or persuasion.

Level 1: https://underrail.info/build/?AQgGAwkGAwUPDwAAAAAADw8AAA8ADw8PAAAAAAAAAAhi378
start by adding two points into perception when you level up to unlock concentrated fire feat, then one point into strength to be able to wear tungsten metal armor, then one point into consitution to unlock thick skull, then one point into perception and last one into whatever (intelligence or dexterity if you want three-pointer feat). You can dump intelligence completely if you want but i'd suggest against it for the first game since it will make crafting early game harder.
Valor's favorite poster

A_Mad_Alien

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 02:33:43 am »
Thank you :)

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 11:09:36 am »
I'm a complete noob, I bought this game a few days ago, and I already like it quite a lot, but I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know what I want to do.
I heard about the amount of build diversity in this game, so I had to try it out.
My goals are:
1- Tank as much damage as possible
2- kill people and things, with extreme heat
There are no flame throwers in this game (sadly), so the next best thing is Granades, Incendiary Ammo, and Metathermics
If I were to use weapons I'd prefer assault rifles, but anything that can deal good damage and burn things in the process is good for me
I prefer to use weapons and grenades instead of Metathermics, since it's my first build and I want to keep it simple and not spread my stats too thin.
Any and all help and advice will be appreciated, thank you for your time.

I would suggest exploring chemical pistols. One of them is incendiary and is basically different version of flamethrower.

A_Mad_Alien

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 11:20:14 pm »
I'll sure try it out, it seems fun