Author Topic: Foundry still turns hostile after exiting prison  (Read 468 times)

SineNomine

• Noob
    • View Profile
Foundry still turns hostile after exiting prison
« on: February 20, 2023, 07:17:36 pm »
The bug seems to be triggered by the game's weird stealth and detection mechanism. If one sneak into the supervisor room, sneak out again, get caught by camera turning red, then bump into one of the guards coming to check, a red line would pop out saying that the player's action has triggered hostility. However, if the guards did not directly see the player conducting the illegal action, they would not turn on the player until the player has left the prison, making the mistake incredibly easy to miss.

Proceeding from this state onward, the hostility seems to remain even if the player persuades Delma for access and removes footage. Killing everyone in the prison, closing all prison doors, destroying all cameras and removing all footage again before exiting prison also does not fix this.

Also if it helps, this is happening after I took the quest from Jack but before talking to Everad, meaning that I can't even talk to Todor to get out of the prison. :'(

Upon inspection of the global.dat save file using a hex editor, the bits immediately following flags loc_fo_prison_caughtOnCamera and loc_fo_shouldMakeFoundryHostile appear to be set to 0 upon doing either of the above, however the state of hostility in game after exiting prison is not changed. Could it be that the game is checking for the presence of the flags instead of the value of the flag?

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Foundry still turns hostile after exiting prison
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 10:45:51 am »
Hi, and sorry for the late response. So I just retracted your steps (if I'm understanding everything right): entered stealth, trespassed, got recorded by the camera outside the sec room but wasn't seen by anyone else, then talked to Delma (hadn't talked to Everard), got permission to enter sec room, erased footage, and walked out - and no one was shooting at me. The two flags you mentioned are both set to false, and the code does check their values.

If that order of events is correct, then it's probably something very specific that we're missing here. If you're still around, it'd appreciate it if you could send me your save after this happened but before you left Foundry (if you still have it). You'll find saves in C:\Users\[You]\Documents\My Games\Underrail\Saves. Copy the folder named like your save, upload it to Google Drive, Dropbox or similar, and post the link here.