Author Topic: New Player: can someone give me a good Stealth (Psi) build  (Read 3629 times)

ARNE_PR0

• Noob
    • View Profile
New Player: can someone give me a good Stealth (Psi) build
« on: April 10, 2023, 03:52:17 pm »
as the title says i'm a complete beginner and i'm looking for a stealth build

I'd like to use Psi cuz it seems fun but i don't know if Psi is good for stealth builds or not so I'm also open to use a gun if that's better

Under-The-Wind

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: New Player: can someone give me a good Stealth (Psi) build
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 10:23:14 pm »
Hello! Welcome to the wonderful world of Underrail.

Local build-wizard 'harperfan7' posted a great one recently that I believe would fit the bill. It has guns, stealth and psi!

https://underrail.info/build/?HgcHCgMLAwXCoEkAAB7CoFBGMkQAU1MjMmUAAADCi04UACsoOSQmFU4CRDtJSsKHwoMWR8KFS2zDnMKewp_Cm8Ktw4vin6IF4qKNA-KnlwPip6oD4rCuAd-_

If you do end up liking the look of this build: for future reference here is the topic for the build if you ever need help fine-tuning something: https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=8957.0
However, since this is your first playthrough, my personal recommendation is to not look at the additional build information until you're well underway, since it contains some information that could be seen as "spoilerish".

Regardless - hope you have fun!

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 12:27:30 pm »
Most PSI builds here utilize (or can utilize) stealth since best PSI armor is PSI beetle carapace + tactical vest which is light with relatively low armor penalty.

There are two main PSI paths:

Tranqulity - benefits greatly from staying at full health, which means taking no damage and prefers starting up from stealth, then hiding beyond line of sight

Psychosis - has powerful alpha strike (Premeditation + Mania) which can be used very effectively when starting the fight, you can stealth up to enemy pack and clear it without giving them any chance to hurt you

Pick the PSI school(s) which seems most interesting to you and search for build that you will like.

Scott

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 06:06:06 pm »
I very much recommend using high Thought Control, as you can essentially use Fear and Enrage to make your life so much easier and drop in and out of stealth.

Tabi Boots would be very good.

I don't actually recommend using any PSI carapace armor (PSI beetle or PSI crab, etc.) as the armor penalty simply isn't worth it. Most good stealth armors also won't be giving much Armor Penalty regardless (like Phantom Dancer). Armor Penalty will only make your stealth stats lower, as well as Evasion & Dodge. PSI-Stealth build is very optimal, and at a high enough level, you probably won't be taking much damage.

I recommend a psychosis build instead of tranquility, and making a high psi crit and stealth build. I recommend PoopiemcButtface's "A Detailed Psi Guide" and going off his psychosis-build stuff.