Author Topic: Ezra's Training - Weak Azuridae Loot Drop  (Read 4186 times)

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Ezra's Training - Weak Azuridae Loot Drop
« on: June 26, 2014, 07:34:43 am »
If you ask Ezra if he is a psionic trainer then he silently sends you into the caves on an isolated island that has no entrance/exit (other than plot teleporting).

The Weak Azuridae you fight on the island can drop loot, which is useless because there's no way of getting the loot. As soon as it dies you are teleported away and there's no apparent method of reaching it after that.

RonniDeWorm

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Ezra's Training - Weak Azuridae Loot Drop
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 09:15:46 am »
I think it's supposed to represent 'unlocking' an ability inside your mind, so the island is 'inside' your mind i.e. not teleportation.

RonniDeWorm

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:37:20 pm »
Yes I had noticed that it was the same, but I still thought the one you visit was a mental representation because (but I might be wrong here) the psy-beetle isn't there when you visit it before you go to Ezra.

If this isn't something that happens in your mind is Ezra (or somebody else) supposed to carry you there? What would be the point of that if he's trying to learn you a new psy-ability?

edit: sorry, not the place to discuss this.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:39:25 pm by RonniDeWorm »

RonniDeWorm

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 06:21:36 pm »
I think you're right, I like it the way it is too. And I guess the over-analyzing is a consequence of that mystery.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 06:40:27 pm »
In any case, I don't think of it as a bug - it's just one corpse you can't loot, and for a reason! We're just overanalyzing minor details here, aren't we? :p

Well, if the devs are going for that then I guess there's no problem- it's just that it's a piece of loot that will always be there and you can never get it.

RonniDeWorm

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 07:35:55 pm »
Al the completionists eyes just collectively twitched nervously  :D

Jazhara7

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 03:06:25 pm »
Al the completionists eyes just collectively twitched nervously  :D

Don't forget the pack rats. Grab *ALL* the items.  :o

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 04:38:19 pm »
Well the pack rats don't really play the game in it's current state... Well ok I'm only speaking for myself here. There is no point in grabbing everything when you can't sell even half of what you get. Yes there is more than enough money even with the current system, but I'd rather have the old system where I get less money per item but at least I can carry everything so i don't have to stop middle a mission just to drop off loot and being able to pick everything clean for a profit... It just feels to me that with the current heading it is not rewarding to explore as my motive for exploration is more loot to sell and if I can really sell it... Well it's just wasted time then.

Of course there are other reasons to exople I know but with the main one out it just becomes meh for me... Reason why I still am waiting until either the heading changes or I'm given an option to at least make merchants buy everything. If posible one to disable carry limits as well.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 08:14:49 pm »
Well, you can process all plants and animal tissue, recycle weapons and armour, and you can always sell ammo and often some weapons;
But that horse has been beaten already. ;)
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 08:50:10 pm »
Indeed, very beaten horse. By this point I'm just ranting really.

Oh well, I can wait.