Author Topic: Thank you.  (Read 1210 times)

Tomasp3n

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Thank you.
« on: June 28, 2014, 11:05:04 am »
So I though this game looked decent and figured I'd buy in on the early access to support the devs. I don't like playing unfinished games, so the plan was not to even install it until it's finished. But I hade some spare time and no games in my backlog so I figured I might as well try an hour or so to see what it was like.

Now Steam claims I've been playing the game for more than 40 hours. Oops. Bloody brilliant, thank for you this fantastic game.

I've actually only got a couple minor complaints that I thought I might as well put out there.

1) Map. I don't want a mini map, but a grid based "world map" to get a grasp of what's where. It was no problem to keep track of the first couple of areas, but somewhere around the Rail Crossing I started to get pretty confused.

2) Crafting components. It would be great if in the description of the crafting components said what blueprints they are compatible with. Now I've done enough crafting to know what electronic parts work in a shield emitter/psi circlet/goggle frame, or which armors that can use spikes, but it was kind of tiresome in the beginning. As an example, the psi beetle carapace would say Tactical Vest and Riot Armor at the bottom, then I wouldn't need to check if it's also compatible with the Metal Armor, Leather armor, Boots, Helmet, Gloves...

Other than these (minor) annoyances, this game is shaping up to be absolutely great. I'm actually going to buy a second copy and give to my brother just to give you some more money. Thank you!

Tomasp3n

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 01:11:18 pm »
Yeah, I've been using the Wiki quite alot. And like I said it's no longer a problem for me since I've lead what goes where. I do however think it would be agood thing to add it to the description of the components, I don't see a reason to not to so? Also while I'm at it, a more detailed tooltip for the abilities would be nice. Things like the 4% decrease in AP cost for light weapons per level of Dex over 5 really has to be in the tooltip during character creation. Information can never be "too much", and in a game like this transparency with the mechanics is important when planning your characters. But again, these are minor things, but also (I think?) quite easily implemented and will help new players find this gem of a game more accesible (WITHOUT the dumbing down of most games today).