Author Topic: Heavy Duty speculation  (Read 4098 times)

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Duty speculation
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2023, 01:02:38 pm »
I'm a bit puzzled with the requirement of a new "heavy weapon" skill requirement, considering those new weapons seem super expensive to buy and use, are we supposed to invest into guns first for early game and then transition to heavy weapon ? Or use the versatility feat ?

I also wonder how LMG and miniguns will compete with assault rifles

Can't really speculate about builds possibilities without knowing the new feats

I'm Potoldski on discord

Lestat

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2023, 05:18:23 am »
A normal player should probably just play guns at first, but others could invest in Psi first and coast off that + utilities.

Edit: Or maybe the worst LMG on earth could be available at SGS just like the Shoddy Shotgun.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 05:20:06 am by Lestat »

VidMasterEon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2023, 07:26:25 pm »
I do hope there is a way to acquire large quantities of ammo so that I am not walking around with half a belt everywhere and burning through half my entire stock after a single engagement
If not I guess there will be a good use for the disassemble feat to poach the metal plates off your enemies's weapons and metal armor to make bullets

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2023, 08:48:42 pm »
I think it's safe to say the availability of 44 and 12.7 rounds will change, otherwise most types of LMG and minigun will be unusable. Even then you will probably be trying to save those types of rounds for the right fights.

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2023, 09:55:53 pm »
Dunno how "safe to say" it is, actually - given, say, the fact that explosive .44 rounds are such a rare loot that it's quite common to find less than a dozen of these from a full playthrough. I mean, that much is sure inadequate already, especially given existance of guns like the Tommy Gun, you know? So, maybe it'll be too few in the DLC, also. Happened once, can happen again.

Talking of which, explosive rounds + LMG / minigun should be a big thing about these new weapons - and contaminating 12.7, also. Both are extremely expensive to spray, but results vs non-robot foes should worth the price, me thinks. So, yeah, disassemble feat to get all the metal for ammo - i bet will become quite popular. Though getting enough casings would still be a grind - or at least, a major side activity (like using .44 sidearm as much as possible whenever it's not worth it to use the big gun).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 09:59:20 pm by Fins »
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2023, 12:44:35 am »
I just want Repair Unit 7 as a companion.