Dev Log 29: Foundry
Hey guys. We're still working on the new update and it will be a while longer because some of the new areas require quite a bit of graphical work. Here's a little sneak peek at the new major urban area - the Foundry:
In addition to that we're also adding a new minor quest hub in the cave areas south of SGS and couple more quests in SGS and Rail Crossing. Also, we reworked the order in which you receive the early game quests to avoid sending people to GMS too early and added some early game oddities.
* * * * *
In other news:
- Reduced electronic crafting requirements for galvanic vests
- Increased drops rates for all types of carrier vests
- Boots now require a pair of rubber soles to craft
- Fixed the bug that caused the game to crash when attempting to set up the fishing rod on certain spots
- TNT charges will now go off properly after loading a game in which it's been already set
- Changed the AP reduction of Tranquility to 5 (down from 10)
- Vile Weaponry - Whenever you cause a bleeding wound with a cold weapon, armor enhancement or trap you also apply infected wound which increases the damage taken from all sources by 10% and reduces healing effects by 25%. Stacks 3 times.
- Expose Weakness - You can preform a special melee attack that deals normal damage and reduces target's mechanical resistance and threshold by 50% if it lands for 2 turns.
- Steadfast Aim - Increases critical hit chance with a pistol by 1% for each base action point required to fire it above 10.
- Spec Ops - Reduces action point cost modifier for burst attack from 300% to 200% when using SMGs. Also reduces cooldown of flashbangs by 1 turn.
- Supressive Fire - Enemies caught in your burst attack cone (regardless of whether they've been shot) have their ranged chance to hit reduced by 10%, action points reduced by 5 and movement points reduced by 10 for 1 turn.
- Quick Tinkering - Grants you an ability that when activated will allow you to arm your next trap instantly, even in combat in which case it will cost no action points.
- Fancy Footwork - When you land a melee attack you gain up to 8 movement points, depending on your armor penalty. This can exceed your movement point maximum.
- Taste for Blood - Whenever you attack a bleeding target with a melee weapon, you increase your melee damage by 5% and reduce action point cost of melee weapons by 0.2 for each bleeding wound the target has. This can stack up to 20 times. Expires after 2 turns if not refreshed.
- Eviscerate - Grants you a special knife attack that removes all bleeding wounds from the target and deals 100% bonus damage for each bleeding wound removed.
- Hypertoxicity - Increases damage done by poisons you apply by 100%.
- Wrestling - When you strike a living target with fist weapon or unarmed attack you have 50% chance to reduce target's movement points by 8, action points by 3 and chance to hit with all ranged weapons by 7%. Stacks 5 times.
- Combo - If you land three consecutive damage dealing unarmed or fist weapon attacks against a single target in a single turn, the third attack will deal 100% bonus damage and stun the target for 1 turn.
- Pack Rathound - Increases carry capacity by 50.
- Last Stand - Grants you an ability that when activated it will temporarily reset your health to your maximum for 2 turns. After the effect expires, your health will be reduced to 1.
- Salesman - Increases the amount of goods merchants will buy from you by 1% per mercantile skill.
- Tabi Boots - lightweight boots that can be crafted from leather or fabric components
- Components (these are all crafting only; that is items made of these cannot be found or bought)
- Siphoner leather
- Psi Beetle armor plate
- Burrower armor plate
- Super secret stuff