Dev Log 36: Version 0.1.13.0 released; Development Roadmap
Hey guys, the new version is available on Steam now and, as before, it will be available on other platforms as soon as we stabilize it.
In this update we added new factions with their optional questlines, namely - Free Drones, Protectorate and the super secret one. We added most of the remaining areas that we planned for the game, which include Upper Underrail and Lower Underrail passages, so speaking geographically most of the game is complete. If you want the full list of what's new, check out the previous two dev logs before reading further.
One thing to note, however, is that if you want to experience the new questlines you'll probably have to start a new game, unfortunately, since we had to make some changes to existing areas and quests in order to fit them in.
Before I insert the obligatory list of miscellaneous changes, here's a little sneak peak at some of the new areas, focusing primarily on the mighty Protectorate war machine.
Screenshot unworthy stuff:
- Creatures immune to fear are no longer immune to Engrage (unless they are immune to all mind-affecting effects)
- Eviscerate bonus damage per bleeding would changed to 50% (down from 100%)
- Taste For Blood now stacks 10 times (down from 20)
- Damage resistance provided by laminated fabric ballistic panel now scales with quality (though it's still weaker than the other one) and the damage threshold is increased; these changes will not apply to stuff that has already been generated in ongoing playthroughs
- Melee resistance bonus of riot gear armor changed to 75% (up from 50%); also not retroactive
- Maximum number of oddity XP required for leveling now caps at 25 (up from 15)
- Maximum number of studies and/or amount of XP per studying reduced (or rebalanced) for a number of oddities; overall, less experience is available through some oddities now
- Classic XP required to level changed to 1250 (up from 1000) * level
- Base classic kill XP bonus per target level reduced
- XP from a number of quests reduced
- Lockpicking/hacking XP per required skill reduced