Dev Log 46: Version 18.104.22.168 Release - Quality of Life Improvements
Hey guys. Along fixing the bugs we've been working on some quality of life improvements, so without further ado here they are.
Fonts - We've replaced one of the game's fonts to improve readability and also added more size options.
Outlines - We've added character outlines which should improve visibility and make targeting somewhat easier when things are happening behind walls and other obstacles.
Inventory filters - We've replaced inventory filter combo box with icons and also regrouped item categories in a way we believe will be most practical.
Combat stats tooltips - We've added descriptions for all the different stats in the combat stats window when you mouse over them.
Combat speed settings - Combat movement and action speed can now be adjusted in the game's options.
New save system - This is strictly under the hood thing and nothing is changed regarding how and when you can save or load the game (old saves are compatible with the new version). For those advanced users - we archived the separate zone files to improve save/load performance and also got rid of the temporary current game structure on the disk and moved it to memory.
Other minor stuff
- Critical crossbow hits now also affect elemental damage (acid, shock and incendiary) from special bolts
- When attacking in melee from stealth, target's dodge rating will be ignored if it hasn't detected you yet
- Added more crafting components and ammo to Deep Caverns
- Added a few more hints to certain Deep Caverns dialogs
- Quinton's mushroom growing room is now accessible
- Added a number of Lower and Upper Metro areas to better connect certain places
- Critical damage modifier from items will now be properly applied to fist weapons (e.g. infused ancient rathound boots)
- You will no longer be able to snipe down certain obstacles that were not meant to be sniped down
- Jawbone will now correctly be considered a crossbow for the purpose of trading
- Nicolas will no longer return from the dead to haunt you
- Cut throat attack will no longer fail if you get detected during the attack itself (the eye wasn't read when you started performing the attack but the attack itself pushed it into red state)
- When incendiary bombs cause a character to burn they will now properly suffer 150% of the original damage as the description says
- You can no longer attempt to burst or rapid fire with an empty weapon
- Fixed Jerre Franz not healing the player in certain instances
- Fixed Fort Apogee zone security settings
- Fixed a certain important woman not properly reacting to a player's response regarding her husband's fate
- Fixed certain responses not appearing when speaking to the Faceless centaur near Foundry
- Fixed being able to start the Find Blaine quest even after certain events took place
- Silas' questline will now properly continue questline after the player pays him instead of doing his initial quests
- Fixed a missing dialog option during Mediant Samuel's second mission
- Fixed the unintended failing of the Kill Rathound King quest after a certain event has taken place
- Crawlers and rathounds are now neutral to each other
- No more free repairs from Mykola
- Nicolas' and Olivia's quests will properly fail upon death
- Fixed Maura's faction id not setting correctly after you've helped her
- Accussing a certain person of comitting a murder and then initiating combat through dialogue will no longer cause the whole station to become hostile
- Fixed the interview cutscene playing even when the player is hostile to the Tchortists; that quest will also properly fail now
- Fixed dialogue options not appearing when asking Oskar and Lt. Stratford about a certain man
- Fixed Arke consoles being hackable even after the player turns off the security system
- Doppelgangers are now immune to Expose Weakness
- All elevators should now properly notify the player when they are unpowered when used
- Shield emitter weight will now be properly calculated when adding optional components
- Various typos and map fixes