Author Topic: Quality of life suggestions  (Read 1277 times)

jalong

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Quality of life suggestions
« on: February 17, 2020, 06:03:49 am »
Just played through for the fourth time (this last time on hard), so I obviously love the game. I'd like to suggest a few interface tweaks that would, in my opinion, improve the player's quality of life. I would suspect that some players would find these suggestions quite trivial, but in my mind they are little things that are annoying.

1. The ability to be able to sort inventory items by weight, be that the entire inventory or just the inventory category one is interested in;

2. The ability to filter the inventory, much like you already do with the "feats" and "specialization" lists;

3. Move the inventory tab on the far right (Inventory minus quest items) to the on the far left of the inventory tabs as the default tab. I find that when I pull up the inventory, the first thing I do is click on the (inventory minus quest items tab) because I rarely need to look at the quest items and the quest items can take up a lot of space;

4. I find there is too much mouse movement when crafting, especially when your doing something repetitious, such as "recycle item": you have to keep moving your mouse from the inventory window to the "Create" button and back. Would love it if the player could bind a key to the "create" button. That is, the player could then stop moving the mouse so far by double-clicking on the item in the inventory then pressing the key bound to the "Create" button.

For the sake of context,  I'm almost 60 and am starting to find precise mouse work a little harder these days... Absolutely love the game!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 10:01:19 pm by jalong »

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Quality of life suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 01:16:34 pm »
4. I find there is too much mouse movement when crafting, especially when your doing something repetitious, such as "recycle item": you have to keep moving your mouse from the inventory window to the "Create" button and back. Would love it if the player could bind a key to the "create" button. That is, the player could then stop moving the mouse so far by double-clicking on the item in the inventory then pressing the key bound to the "Create" button.
Not that there would be a reason for you to, but if you had gone back about 14 pages, you'd see I asked that exact same question in 2017, and I wasn't the first to do it then  ::)  Styg said he'd add it to the todo list, and I bet he did.  But with such a small dev team it can take a good long while to implement things, especially little QoL stuff.

Anyway, it speeds things up a little to know that you don't have to click from inventory.  If you single-click the empty window in the crafting dialog, it automatically grabs the next eligible item from your inventory, so you only move from the window down to the craft button.  It's a bit faster and less carpal-tunnel-inducing especially when doing bulk crafting or disassembling.

jalong

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 09:59:36 pm »
Anyway, it speeds things up a little to know that you don't have to click from inventory.  If you single-click the empty window in the crafting dialog, it automatically grabs the next eligible item from your inventory, so you only move from the window down to the craft button.  It's a bit faster and less carpal-tunnel-inducing especially when doing bulk crafting or disassembling.

A reasonable suggestion. I'd just have to dump the stuff I don't want recycled on the ground. Appreciate your reply!

Meladonimi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 09:28:00 pm »
At my opinion need add some sence and lore based features.
1) - Game have alot of "unique" gun's what was develop in pre underrail period. This guns is one of culture interes of living at undeerail. Founding this weapon and selling if u unneded some is not rly interested, but sending at some sort of museum will be more good. (in case if u dont wanna have ur own at home)
Oskar or JKK mostly will be interested at this. Oskar becouse "dat hardcore" and jkk cuz it is potencial money source.
Sending weapons at this museum may grand some benefits. At my opinion enouth just special odditys, but maybe some player add other ideas.

And abouth place where it is may be setted - upper lvl of core sity (jkk and tchortist side) have deadend road. It is good place becouse at midle lvl it is no sence, high risk of stealing and no one wanna have probleb with oligarchick when it is so clouse.

2) - Adding special mechant of info, abouth non raided facilitys. Im not tolking abouth regular places, but some random generated dungeons for looting.
Like you buying map - use it and teleporting there (or add black screen with stomp sounds).

Both ideas hard 2 realizate, but maybe Styg found this interesting for next updates or new story.

Cheers