Underrail > General

Bleed based unarmed build viable for dominating?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Twiglard:

--- Quote from: Hazard on January 28, 2018, 10:55:04 am ---
--- Quote from: MirddinEmris on January 28, 2018, 08:12:33 am ---Properly built unarmed character is in the top tier along with smg and sniper rifle. Sledgehammer is a solid weapon, on par with things like assault rifles.
--- End quote ---
Offtopic, but care to elaborate why you consider ARs worse than SMGs and SRs?

--- End quote ---
Bursts per turn and overall DEX lowering AP cost.
Edit: Also actual burst cost 2x (not 3x) with feat.

MirddinEmris:
Well, sthalik is about right. The difference in damage per shot between SMG and AR is not that great, while SMG has ability to get more shots per round. A LOT more. The only downside of this is higher ammo consumption. Also SMG can be created silent which offers ability to pick enemies one by one in the area, that by itself is also a huge boost.

SR has ability to basically drop anyone in one shot for a great distance. Sniper has downside of being able to take only 2 shots per round without adrenaline, but those shots in most cases are certain kills and you also has a distance advantage on most of your enemies (often they have to take at least one turn to get close to you). Also SR has lowest cost/effect ratio, you only need 4 feats (Aimed Shot, Snipe, Critical Power, Sharpshooter), 5 Str, 10+ Per and 3 skills (out of which only guns and stealth needs to be maxed, while mechanics just needs to be at a decent level) to get almost everything this weapon has to offer. That is why it's VERY easy for anyone who has SR as main to decently invest into 1 or even 2  secondary weapons (usually SMG or pistols ot both). Sniper build is about the only build that gives me liberty to take some quality of life feats without any regrets.

Hazard:
I could be way wrong, but to me SMG vs AR doesn't seem so clear, mostly due to Full Auto and Concentrated Fire. The former is difficult to fit into an SMG build but almost a must for an AR one, and the latter can provide a considerable damage boost against a couple of targets, though not reliably. For a tin can rifleman, taking Perception up to 16 for maximum effective skill is usually the best way to spend extra ability points, whereas SMG builds again have problems doing that if they want to get enough DEX as well. ARs also have superior range, allowing them to engage everyone (except any active enemy snipers, the cheating bastards) in line of sight without moving. But I haven't done any proper math, so this may ultimately not be enough for ARs to get even with SMGs in direct combat.

Though when stealth and hit & run tactics are considered, I've no doubt that SMG and SR builds come out on top in terms of survivability and flexibility, if the player is any good.

jubisloviu:
I've started to play around with it yesterday, i'm level 14 now, managed to finish Depot A without needing quick thinkering and i'll probably not even need it, Hand to Hand has some nice crowd control skills and gizmos, with combo, cheap shots and a pneumatic fist i'm able to stunlock enemies frequently.
there's also some nice damage spikes, if i can time it correctly i can proc combo damage bonus together with a pneumatic strike for way more damage, once i get crippling strike it'll be even better.
and while we are talking of fists, The Claw is a amazing weapon to get on early game right after the junkyard, it being able to contaminate targets is a great way to increase your overral Damage per Turn.

Loyso:
Dumb question about unarmed (not gloves). How do I proc bleed for taste of blood? Is it possible with pure unarmed with serrated blades from armor?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version