Author Topic: Suggestion/question  (Read 1598 times)

Solus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Suggestion/question
« on: March 19, 2013, 09:41:33 pm »
This is partially a suggestion, but you have already answered it, so really it is an inquiry as to the source of your answer.

Why is it such a big deal to implement new animations to the game? The graphics, while detailed, are in a more classic style. I ask because i've seen people make small games  with similar graphics on their own, with many animations, so I'm only curious as to why it's so difficult here? Is it an engine limitation? Is it that it is not your area of expertise, and you do not have the money to hire people to do it for you? If that is the case, why not ask for volunteers? Simply making new animations wouldn't require much (if any) knowledge of the source code. I'm not critiquing you, simply curious, as I would REALLY love to see things like knockdowns, climbing, running, and various other things like that, and am wondering why they won't happen.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion/question
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 01:17:32 am »
Yes, and this costs both money (animator time) and also inflates the game size quickly. I'd rather add more armor types and creature models.