Author Topic: Suggestions to smooth out gameplay  (Read 2749 times)

Solus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Suggestions to smooth out gameplay
« on: March 12, 2013, 11:19:55 pm »
I'm sure the devs will have thought of some of these, and I KNOW many of you already have. While I LOVE the classics like FO1/2, and Arcanum, as this IS a newer game, and I feel some more modern touches might be nice, though nothing that would change the feel nor style of the game.

Namely, gear comparison. I for one HATE having to move my mouse back and forth, memorizing my current equipment's stats one line at a time to determine if that new pistol is or is not in fact better than the last, so some comparison windows (courtesy of many diablo clones) would be very nice.

Another simple but necessary addition is an option for faster movement. While I understand that a running feature would involve new anims, I would honestly settle for a simple increase in speed of the current anims. (though running animations quite honestly seem worth the effort for a game that is as long as this one will most likely be).

Another small one, a little star, or checkmark, or something in the dialogue box of searched containers, so that when a stop playing for a few days and then come back, I don't recheck every container I pass.

This one can be taken or not, as I could CONCEIVABLY see how it could be considered a change to the style of the game (though honestly, anyone who says so is really nitpicking....) better quest notifications, so I'm aware of when I picked up Jones' watch, lol. Didn't realize I picked it up, was searching for an hour. Yes, I was being stupid, but even so, a little notification would have been nice, saved me some frustration, and not changed the game very much at all.

Finally, additions to the notes system. I would personally prefer a menu for dialogue, that catalogues all the dialogue. There is something like that already, but every time I load the game it resets. I would prefer something that is slightly more permanent, with a log entry limit to keep from bloating. However, I can easily see how some people say this would change the style too much, now it's not classic enough, etc, so my compromise, if this is not good enough, is a journal system where you can type and save anything you like. Save it as a txt file, even, and display it in the window, easy as pie, and I never have to memorize directions again.

stopple

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions to smooth out gameplay
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 12:25:51 am »
Another small one, a little star, or checkmark, or something in the dialogue box of searched containers, so that when a stop playing for a few days and then come back, I don't recheck every container I pass.

white label = fresh

gray label = searched

Solus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 07:22:19 am »
ah, well, I feel very foolish now on that account, lol. but thank you nonetheless.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:05:51 am »
white label = fresh

gray label = searched

I never noticed that, thanks! :D

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 01:23:51 pm »
white label = fresh

gray label = searched

He probably meant this as a suggestion. This is not implemented.

I'll probably add suffix "(empty)" for the containers that were searched and are empty.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 02:04:07 pm »
white label = fresh

gray label = searched

He probably meant this as a suggestion. This is not implemented.

I'll probably add suffix "(empty)" for the containers that were searched and are empty.

Oh alright, I didn't take the time to check, it is a nice suggestion nonetheless and a suffix is even better. :)

Solus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 06:03:36 pm »
Having already completed the current build, I didn't bother checking either, lol.