Author Topic: A number of NPCs going hostile for no apparent reason(Experimental.)  (Read 1082 times)

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile

Currently allied pirates go hostile on the first raid in the Dreadpool. Double checked and they are all allied before entering this particular zone.

On the same save there have been a number of other NPCs who went hostile towards PC for no obvious reason. Katya's dogs as well as the bouncer and the drunk in front of the new cocktails bar in the middle of the river. The NPCs inside the bar are also hostile. 

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: A number of NPCs going hostile for no apparent reason(Experimental.)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 08:45:12 am »
This has been addressed here: https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=5840.msg30897#msg30897. Unfortunately, it would be too hard to find a solution to repair your current faction relations on your character as it is very hard to determine the root cause of the problem (what caused hostilities in the first place and was it intentional, which NPCs are hostile to you across all of the zones they could appear in, etc...).

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 12:41:55 pm »
That's alright.

I found a way to work around it. If they don't see PC the rest of the pirates won't go hostile so it's possible to complete the quest. For the record, the rest of the pirates that enter the zone after the Eels jetters are dead are also hostile.

If you ever want to have a look I can share a save file with all of the above still intact.

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 12:53:39 pm »
Knowing the consequences of the bug you're facing, I expect you to have much more trouble with hostile pirates (which should be friendlies) as you go on. Hopefully this shouldn't prevent you from finishing the rest of the Expedition content / the game. All this will be fixed in the upcoming update, but it'll require a new character.