Author Topic: Chance to hit is not calculated accurately  (Read 2395 times)

Smoked Brisket

• Noob
    • View Profile
Chance to hit is not calculated accurately
« on: March 28, 2016, 02:21:14 am »
I am playing a sniper build and after getting my guns skill up high enough I am finally seeing some high percent to hit chances. The game is not reflecting this. After seeing very fishy misses, by that i mean that I have been hitting in my estimation about 30% of the time no matter what the to hity chance shows, I did a test. I saved the game and then proceeded to shoot the same npc from the same spot 20 times. I had an 85% chance to hit. I landed only 4 out of 20. How is this explainable? This is consistent with my entire game experience.

I like the game alot, I dont think the game is too hard, but reloading after you have wasted several turns missing the same guy with a high percentage to hit is frustrating.

Please dont white knight this thread, my experience is real.

Darthgrey

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Chance to hit is not calculated accurately
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 01:54:33 pm »
Once I missed 2 shots in a row from a sniper rifle with 95% chance to hit)))

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 03:50:14 pm »
That will still happen rarely. In your case it essentially just happened *once* for your whole time you play the game, which is pretty low when you think abbout it. Statistically on average it should happen on 400 attacks, and one playthrough has much more.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 06:20:32 pm »
You always can use shooting range in SGS, set maximal distance, then step back to wall to farther increase distance, and start to shoot.