Author Topic: Love the game. In fact, Underrail was my first Steam purchase!  (Read 2040 times)

Kimberlee

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I have not seen a game as fun to play as this in way too long.  I saw what was offered and thought 'Yeah - this is for me' and wow was I right.  You remember Fallout 1 or 2?  I do, and this game takes me back to the fun I had with those games.  I like the character creation, the skills, the weapons and armor and even the tools are fun to work with.  The quests are enjoyable and the story and setting are great.  Keep up the good work guys - seriously.

With that said, I have a few suggestions.

1.  Please make some mechanic that allows for purchasing high level supplies/crafting items.  Not vendors we can SELL these to and make a killing - but BUY them from.  At a HUGE premium maybe?  Want that 100 quality ballistic plate?  Sure - but you are paying 20000 for it. 

2.  Can we change the appearance of our character in game?  Want pink hair?  Sure - no problem.  Minor I know - but a nice feature. 

3.  Please - PLEASE remove the level cap.  Or at the very least - release an update that raises it very soon?  I ask as I am level 20 and would really like to invest points in areas I have never tried before and really don't feel like starting again with a new character to do that.  A quick update?  Pretty please.  Would be great to have the experience I have earned now to be applied to those higher levels too.  27000 XP earned so the additional 7000 is applied toward level 21 I mean.

4.  Maps.  The areas in the game are many - and seeing where I have been and where I have yet to explore is a very important feature to me.  I am sure I am not alone in welcoming a mapping system to continue my adventures. 

5.  Backpacks/ Misc. system to increase carry weight.  Make it expensive.  Make them hard to find.  Make them the loot from killing 19 dragons - whatever - but I would really like this implemented. 

This is all I got right now - but this game is excellent and I cannot wait to see what else you guys come up with.  Thank you for the work you guys have done so far and congrats on making a really fun and engaging game! 

Jamolotl

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Love the game. In fact, Underrail was my first Steam purchase!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 01:40:18 pm »
I bought the game a long time ago but didn't play it at all until the last couple of days because I wanted to wait until it was a little more complete.

I couldn't be happier with it honestly, everything about it is like a subterranean love letter to Fallout, even the music. Really captured something special that Fallout had while doing it's own thing.

Kimberlee

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 04:50:48 pm »
Well said Jamoid. And thanks for the reply epeli.  I was curious if any of you has managed to perhaps finish the game complete with all quests.  Also out of curiousity - how much money did you end up NOT spending at the end of the content available so far?

Omegakill

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 12:51:03 pm »
Welcome!

Always good to see new people picking up the game, what sort of builds have you tried? I tend to avoid pure melee type characters as my play style relies on pistols/SMGs.

I think the backpack idea would be pretty good or maybe some sort of central storage point in the main locations so you can save up crafting items you don't have the skill to utilise just yet, or that heavy assault rifle you want to save for a rainy day.