Author Topic: (Underrail: Heavy Duty) I think I lost the gunslinger  (Read 1478 times)

Joe_Steel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
(Underrail: Heavy Duty) I think I lost the gunslinger
« on: November 08, 2023, 08:31:04 pm »
I was going through the Compound and after killing most of the exosoldiers, I told the gunslinger to stay in the power armor room and keep out of sight. When I came back after scouting the rest of the Compound, he wasn't there and I couldn't find him in stealth despite having high perception. Am I just blind or is this a bug? He isn't dead because the quest marker hasn't shown me that I failed his questline.

Amannamedsquid

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: (Underrail: Heavy Duty) I think I lost the gunslinger
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 09:05:34 pm »
I recall someone else mentioning that Gunslinger has a tendency to vanish if you set him to wait and then go to a different tile without him. Not sure about the specifics.

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 10:52:52 pm »
Yep, i mentioned this recently. Tested it, in fact - it's very simple: you tell him to "wait here" and use any _red_ exit zone - and that's it, he vanishes. Blue exit zones are OK though. So, whenever you are going to take any red exit zone - make sure he's following. Simple.
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

Phr3ak

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 03:46:22 pm »
Tested it, in fact - it's very simple: you tell him to "wait here" and use any _red_ exit zone - and that's it, he vanishes.

This is definitely not true in general. I haven't performed comprehensive testing, but Gunslinger does stay in some areas even if you go to another zone. Specifically, I've observed that he can stay in the lobby, the workshop, the fusion cannon area, the cave area with corpses and the clone chamber 1 (in the northeast room at least).

And if he does not stay, in all cases I've checked he does not "vanish", but "teleports" back to the train.

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 05:55:28 pm »
Didn't check if he's near the train. By "testing", i mean i tried it in multiple maps - it was at least 3 different maps, possibly 4 - and he disappeared (from the spot i told him to wait at) every time i tried it.

Great to know he may well be back at the train, too. Thanks! :)
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 11:08:40 am »
Fixed for the next patch. That specific zone was the problem, and the same issue could cause a crash if certain other things took place there, like exosoldier ambushes and such. The second Exoskeleton Assembler zone also had the same issue, but that was fixed a few patches ago because of an unrelated bug while this one flew under the radar.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 11:24:36 am by PhrygianDominant »