Author Topic: Lore / references question  (Read 740 times)

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Lore / references question
« on: November 11, 2023, 03:43:18 am »
In the attached screenshot, there are references to works of art about postapocalypse, which i instantly recognise - except one: the 2nd option. What it refers to?

P.S. The others are, i recon, this: 1st is a reference to Waterworld; 3rd is clearly about Underrail itself; 4th is Mad Max; and 5th is Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Lore / references question
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 08:55:45 am »
Any zombie apocalypse scenario?

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 05:52:31 pm »
It sounds quite like it's something with zombies, yes - but the mysterious part, to me, is "dark and lifeless" lands. Especially "lifeless".
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

Amannamedsquid

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 07:34:19 pm »
I'm not so sure if it's zombies because it probably would have mentioned walking corpses or the living dead rather than ravenous beasts, which in itself is pretty vague. My money is on Metro:2033.

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 10:39:33 pm »
I'm not so sure if it's zombies because it probably would have mentioned walking corpses or the living dead rather than ravenous beasts, which in itself is pretty vague. My money is on Metro:2033.
Vague indeed. May or may not be zombies, yep. Metro:2033 though? Strange. Tunnels and metro stations are dark alright, but not quite "lands", you know? And above-ground, iirc, Metro:2033 is proper daylight when appropriate. Also, "lifeless"? How exactly M:2k33 "lifeless"?