Author Topic: I can’t be the only one confused by the wording of Tricky Trajectory right?  (Read 793 times)

frediralled

• Noob
    • View Profile
Apparently it doesn’t affect LMG’s or Miniguns unless the wiki is incorrect. The wording of the skill is kinda vague and given that A) you can take the perk with no investment in guns and just heavy guns for some reason and B) there’s no strict definition in game of what an AOE weapon is and LMG’s and miniguns have a specific stat defining the area over which they shoot (spread angle) it seems pretty likely to me that people might pick it up not knowing it has no effect. I would know. I did it. Anyone else get confused?

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
It doesnt work with lmgs or miniguns, but...
*eurobeat intensifies*

Zeem

• Oculite
  • Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
AOE weapons are ones that deal damage to everything in a certain area. Machine guns don't do that. That said, there is an AoE weapon that uses Heavy Guns skill that benefits from Tricky Trajectory, but you'll have to find it yourself.

frediralled

• Noob
    • View Profile
But the point I’m trying to make still stands. The description isn’t good and really should be updated to cause less confusion no?

Timevir

• Oculite
  • Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Ambush says "single target ranged weapon" but works with burst fire. "Single target" and "AoE" simply refers to the damage zone of each individual attack, not the ability for targeted attacks to spread for certain weapons.

I understand the terminology could be clearer, but there isn't really an encyclopedia feature in the game and it probably doesn't make sense to build one at the moment. It could be something to add in a future Underrail title, but for now the wiki probably is the best thing we have.