Author Topic: Do i need a proper build to finish the game on normal?  (Read 1807 times)

Aajonus

• Noob
    • View Profile
Do i need a proper build to finish the game on normal?
« on: January 25, 2024, 01:36:45 am »
Right now i have a PSI build.
STR 3
DEX 3
AGI 5
CON 4
PER 5
WILL 11
INT 11

My skills are all always given points into them each level same thing. They are Dodge, Evasion, hacking, lockpicking, biology, Temporal Manipulation, Metathermics, Persuasion. Will i be ok to beat the game like this? I just got to the core city getting invaded by the faceless after i woke up part of the story. Im not looking for advice on my build really im just curious if i will be able to finish the game like this on normal or not. I've already been putting mines everywhere and baiting people into them or i just die on some encounters. Thanks guys for your time!

TheCONMan

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Do i need a proper build to finish the game on normal?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 01:09:24 pm »
More than doable for normal, bro

Some guy already beat dominating mode with nothing but a crowbar, so yeah, on Normal, pretty much anything works.

If build is bad, make it up with tactics, cheese and multiple armor sets tailored against different enemies.

But your build is not bad at all. Perception should have been lowered to 3, but a waste of 2 points isn't that bad for Normal mode.

11 Wil is doable on Normal, one of the Bloodpsican builds feature 11 wil only. Could always use more points for more psi spell damage though.

11 int is really good, you should invest more into crafting skills to make use of the synergy from intelligence. Electronics especially, to craft an excellent psi headband.

Ederson

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 05:12:12 pm »
You can beat it with it no problem. You do have a proper build btw, not a min-max optimized one but it is a good enough one.

You don't have to level up exactly those 8 skills all the whole time, you can have some flexibility. Biology is just needed to craft drugs, so as long as you have the necessary minimum to craft whatever drugs you fancy you can stop there as extras will be wasteful. Lockpicking, hacking and persuasion all have breakpoints at which you can do everything they require.

I'd say stealth would make the game way easier to you (it allows starting the fights on your own terms) as you don't have a tanky character and you need to have a low armor penalty to properly take advantage from dodge and evasion. You even said you like traps and stealth synergises well with that.

I would seize the high int and put a lot of points into electonics to craft top quality headbands and shields. Tailoring is also good if you want to craft your own armor instead of using some unique one.

Vokial

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 02:32:19 pm »
As others mentioned, it's fine - however the satisfaction and general fun factor is definitely higher when you're rolling with a real nice, well thought-out build.