Author Topic: Tin Can LMG/Fusion cannon  (Read 1161 times)

scalymanfish

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Tin Can LMG/Fusion cannon
« on: February 09, 2024, 07:41:22 pm »
I'll be combining Shoggoth's Fusion Cannon build: https://underrail.info/build/?HgsFBQMIBQk8wqAAAFoAAFBJXgAAX18KX1AAAAB9AAA8KDErO8Odf8Oew59KwprDolpNKcKHwrRLd-K0lAXivrwF4r-GBd-8
and peet's regeneration LMG build: https://underrail.info/build/?HgsDAwkKBwN4wqAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABGAAAACFBiw50Vw57Dn0rDoMOhMSZfK8KHwrXCpN-8

Here's my attempt at fusing the two: https://underrail.info/build/?HgsDAwgJBQfCoMKgAAAAAAAAAAAAAFBQAAAAAAAAAAAAAFA7TcOdFcOew59Kw6DDoQgmKVrCtTHCpN-8
I didnt allocate the skill points, but ignore the gun skill, that's just for perks to show up on the creator. Heavy guns/throwing/Hacking/lockpick/mechanics/electronics/chem/bio/tailoring/mercantile. Not sure if psi aids are worth it on this build for TM.

Regenerative vest mixed with gunners high and fast metabolism should keep us in the fight for long enough to kill everything on the screen. I felt survival instincts would be counter intuitive to a regeneration build because at some point, you'd probably heal just enough to be outside of that 30% remaining health range and I wouldn't be able to mentally deal with that.

Starting stats: 10 Str, 3 dex, 3 agl, 6 con, 6 per, 5 will, 7 int
Take str to 11 first, get perception to 8, pump up con to 8, take the feat for per to 10 and the last point in per with final stats being 11 str, 8 con, 11 per.
Not sure if conditioning or juggernaut is better, I'm retarded and cant into math so shooters preference on that one. Unfortunately, our attributes are tight so we cant afford to pump con to 10 for thick skull, or else I would grab that instead. If you wanted an extra bit of damage instead, grab expertise at 18 instead. You COULD also keep con at 6 because none of our feats need it past 5 really, and dump them into per. Choice is yours.

Obviously we'll be using LMGs the whole game, even as a "sidearm" once we get the fusion cannon. A 9mm ergonomic compensated Ratchet will be our main tool in the early- mid game and we'll be using the unique LMGS for specialty ammo when we need to. This culminates once we get the fusion canon and with the feats selected, we can beef it up a bit. Not as high as Shoggoths build, but it'll do. I also dont really see the need to powergame this anymore with the help of TM, but you probably could. Not sure if while in stasis regeneration works, but that would be cool. Not taking grenadier and this build isnt really heavy on cooldowns, so LTI woudn't matter too much. Disassemble will be useful all game making sure our LMGs are always top of the line and ammo abundant. Power management will benefit our shields and tasers as well as the fusion cannon itself.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 04:18:49 am by scalymanfish »

scalymanfish

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Tin Can LMG/Fusion cannon
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 02:19:35 pm »
A little update: This build slaps. I've tried AR builds and the LMG's are just so much more fun. If you're going to center your build around "accuracy through volume", this is the way to go. All the stacking bonuses from feats turn you into a t-800. Recommend it to any new players jonesing for a power fantasy.