Author Topic: Looking for a build for a new player  (Read 1447 times)

Underlake

• Noob
    • View Profile
Looking for a build for a new player
« on: March 11, 2024, 01:55:24 am »
Looking for a good build for a new player!

I made a build, but got my ass kicked in the first area, so I thought I'd ask for a good build.

I'd like to be able to craft things and talk to people, psionics seem cool.

Thanks!

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a build for a new player
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 03:04:09 am »
If you're getting your butt kicked on normal, in the first area, your build isnt the issue.  Just spend some time messing around and practicing. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

ben

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a build for a new player
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 07:28:14 pm »
Any new player, who comes across this thread, looking for a strong build - You can use this build to finish the game on any difficulty level -

The build is based on assault rifles, and i have allocated the required skill points and abilities up to level 23.
You can complete the build however you like, and assign more abilities for grenades, or sniper rifles, or grenade launchers, and so on..

https://underrail.info/build/?FwcDCAULAwh9ADIAACgAeGlaAABpaQ8sAAA3AEYAAEQrOQEmOxVBSsKHSSpLU-KnqgLip7QG37w

That said, i wanted to add a few more points for new players who may come across this thread:
This game, even on easier difficulties, is not like diablo where you can enter an area and start blasting enemies.
It's not like fallout, where you engage any enemy you want, blast your weapon, take a stimpack, and move on.

Many areas will require you to plan your attack, prepare some traps or mines, throw some caltrops, use some crowd control, use some AOE attack, use decoy, hide behind obstacles, throw emp grenades, throw a flare or molotov to fear the enemies, and so on..
So just keep it in mind, if you enter  a zone and start blasting enemies and end up dying a lot, it just means you need more preparation and planning for that combat encounter.
Or perhaps you can use stealth to move around and reach your objective? There are many options to keep in mind.
Try to use all the tools you are given.