Author Topic: Find Newton / PSI bugs  (Read 3803 times)

mwnn

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Find Newton / PSI bugs
« on: October 13, 2014, 07:05:49 pm »
I've a come across a strange problem with this quest.

The PSI bugs that normally spawn near the entrance and inside the small base are completely missing!

Newton is there and I have the option to lie about killing the (missing) bugs or kill the (missing) bugs =D

Attached a savegame.

The first time I completed this quest with a different character I didn't suffer from this problem?!? oO

I used a freshly made character - not an imported one.

I notice that all the containers and doors in and around the warehouse have already been looted - which I did with my original character.

So I assume the map isn't being refreshed/initialized?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:12:25 pm by mwnn »

mwnn

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Find Newton / PSI bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:34:37 pm »
I did a bit of further testing by creating another new character.

A male brawler type and quickly sped through the opening quest.

Everything looks to be perfectly normal with this character

mwnn

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 09:07:56 pm »
Looks like your save got corrupted for some reason. No clue why it broke, but I fixed it!

http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/89988151/file.html

That's done the trick!

You're earning lots of applause tonight ;)

The loss of the missing Periscope Part at the entrance gives me the perfect OCD excuse to start again! =D

Hmm...

whether to add just enough melee points (5/10/15?) to hit a rathound (95%) or not...

Not quite sure how chance to hit works on Underrail -> 70% to hit @ 0 skill  -> 95% to hit @ 15 skill

Unlike Fallout which worked off a simple percentage chance minus AC & range modifiers i.e. +10 skill points = +10% chance

Edit: Bit of testing and a rank of 5 points in melee (overall) seems to be enough to jump from 70% to 95% chance. Odd but who am I to argue? =D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:42:08 pm by mwnn »

meow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 12:17:01 pm »

Chance to hit is based on attacker's weapon skill vs. target's defense skill (so, melee vs. dodge in that case) and a bunch of modifiers for ranged combat, but I'm not 100% sure on the exact formula.

Interesting. In regard to the other modifiers: I did some random expereimintg not too long ago. Two characters built exactly the same (melee/sledgehammer) both at Str8 but one at Dex8,Ag4 and the other at  DEx4,Ag8.

Leveled up the same (only differences were high Ag took dodge/evasion and high Dex took throwing etc, basically high Ag took more agility skills and high dex took dex skills but their melee skill was identicle and both at Lv2). Rathounds were always getting 95% for both characters but the crossbow guy with the rathoud pets was a different matter. Higher Ag build was getting 95% chance to hit but the higher Dex build only 76%...

Coulda been a bug/glitch or something esle but I think Agility has a role in chance to hit basically. Could be worth looking into further.

meow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 05:02:55 pm »
Ahh, that is also interesting! Did seem a bit odd to me. I was just testing to see if a nerfed Ag or nerfed Dex would still be playable, as most my builds have had a decent amount in both. They're both vaible builds, just have to rely on slightly different set ups/tactics.

Thanks for the info.