Author Topic: Stunner \ Thumper Gunslinger (Expedition + Heavy Duty)  (Read 2158 times)

Kiruha

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Stunner \ Thumper Gunslinger (Expedition + Heavy Duty)
« on: May 30, 2024, 12:42:16 pm »
This is just more flexible variant of energy pistol build. By using Stunner you can drop some crafting feats and still be strong
Also Stunner is much cheaper to shoot than ordinary laser pistol, you need only 8 dex for 10 ap shoot (unlike 14 with laser pistol), so you will have more spare atribute points by using stuner over laser pistol.

Full PER variant
https://underrail.info/build/?HgMIAwMQAwrCoF8AAAAAwqA8PAAAETIODTIANwBGAAAsJjEowpoCwoNZKkvCh8KFKSTCtcKkeG0abMOZwp7CrcKdw5zCrsOIKxbip74K4rSUBd--

8 dex 10 int and 18 per for 10ap stunner shot

Core feats:
Hight - Technitialies (5), Ambush, Premeditation, Critical Power(10), Psycho - Temporal Acceleration
Other feats and tatoo are optional

Core Skills:
Guns, Throwing (127 effective for CC like EMP and molotovs), Sneak, Hacking - Lockpicing (i Think 60 base is enougth, there are some items with bonuses - check gear section)

Crafting:
Mechanics ~40 effective (mostly for crafting infused rathound leather armor and some grenades\mines)
Electronic ~168 effective
Tailoring ~128 effective for infused rathound leather armor
Biology ~ 70  effective for hypercerebrix crafting
Chemisty ~20 effective for gas grenades. If you want you can level up more to create more powerful mines and grenaddes, especially Thermobaric Grenades for thumper (need to level up mechanics a little for them too)
Mercantile 44 base (need to have 80 effective with Large Waist Pack to get Bespoke Buckle Shoes ASAP after prologue)

Other skills are optional
You can have persuasion (about 30-40 will be enougth with all gear)
You can level traps a little (to use mines). You can level up more Chemistry for better greandes and mines
If you like you can level dodge to 30 and get Escape Artist feat
Pickpocket if you like (especially if you decide to go full dex variant)
There are many skill points

Psi:
TM 70 (Psycho-temporal Contraction and Stasis)
Psychokinesis 55 (Proxy for Ambush, Grounding, Imprint)

Combat gear:
Seeker NV Googles
Soft Padded Infused rathound leather armor with black cloth
Stunner \ Thumper
Launcher Grenade Strap Belt\ Doctor's Pouch
Ninja Tabi Boots \ Infused Pig Leather Striders \ Infused (Greater) Siphoner Leather Tabi Boots when dealing with spiders (immune to slow)

Optional gear:
Synesthetic Refocus (Hexagon) + 3 per when you need it for secrets, any gas mask or Tchortist Bioscrubber for bio protection
JKK Armor (Lockpicking, Initiative, Persuasion), Technomedic Exoskeleton (Biology and Electronis Bonus). Lemurian Engineer Suit(traps and crafting), Tesla armor vs spiders. CAU armor for bio\acid protection
Jackknife \  Remote Control Energizer Glove (skills bonus)
Trapper belt (Traps), Bioinvestigative or Electroinvestigative belts (+ skills), Large Waist Pack (Mercantile)
Bespoke Shoes (+2 agility, Persuasin and mercantile), biohazard boots for bio and acid protection, immunity to acid pools

Conclusion: This build is flexible, this is all per variant and this one is not the optimal one i think, you can take some points from per and get more agility, dexterity or even INT. I am not sure about 17 int \ 11 per variant too, maybe this will give more damage. You can make 18 dex and 3 per version with versality and Survival Insticts, per in other variants should be 10-11 i think.

I will be happy to read your ideas about this build and different variants with atribute points
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 01:33:50 pm by Kiruha »