Author Topic: Item Tag option  (Read 1482 times)

Anka

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Item Tag option
« on: May 30, 2024, 06:05:39 pm »
Doubt this will make it in, but here it goes

It would be VERY useful to have any means to tag an item as Important or Favorite so it doesn't jump into the Recycle or Dissasemble windows when mass scrapping loot.

The endgame crafting experience consist on either dropping the Jacknife and other usable unique gear on the floor and then disassembling loot, or very carefully inspect each item that jumps into the crafting windows as to not to accidentally break a valuable one.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Item Tag option
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2024, 06:12:31 pm »
Hell, enable one to give items special nicknames as well if they are important. At least for Infusion if not for this.

yako

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2024, 07:47:54 pm »
Recycle or Dissasemble windows when mass scrapping loot.
Allowing to place multiple items for recycling/disassembling in the crafting window could make this a bit more easy.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2024, 08:34:12 pm »

It would be VERY useful to have any means to tag an item as Important or Favorite so it doesn't jump into the Recycle or Dissasemble windows when mass scrapping loot.

The endgame crafting experience consist on either dropping the Jacknife and other usable unique gear on the floor and then disassembling loot, or very carefully inspect each item that jumps into the crafting windows as to not to accidentally break a valuable one.

Yes, this would be great.  Alternatively, just have recycle/disassemble be modal, so like you click the "recycle" button then click whatever items you want to recycle and it does so instantly on each one you click, then click "recycle" again to end it. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

WeiJayTan

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • IMDb profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2024, 05:07:21 pm »

Yes, it would be useful to add a feature to 'lock' favorite items so that it doesn't jump into crafting windows, or even selling windows, for that matter.

I'll share some of my thoughts about the current crafting system:
1. Mass recycling items, such as mass crafted leather armors to be recycled into Fabric Scraps (Why can't I just recycle the raw leather?!), I avoid using the sort feature once I have all the leather armors ready for recycling. If there's anything I want to keep, I just move it to to the top of my inventory menu or any other relevant space (I still rarely use the 'category filter', like 'display plot items only' for now), and then mass recycle the crafted leather armors at the bottom of my inventory. Boom. No favorite/currently in use items recycled.
On the other hand, if there is something I want to keep, I move it to a different place in my inventory, and NOT pressing the sort button. Yeah, I get it, it's like a subconscious habit to almost always press the sort button after checking our inventory, but there are other benefits to manually sort one's inventory.
For example:
a. Weapons to switch to can be kept at the bottom of the inventory (next to the empty squares) for quick access.
b. A keycard placed strategically at the top (first square) of one's inventory to remind them of what they wanted to do next.

2. I often keep my inventory as moderately filled as possible. I put away the used plot keys (room keycards, door keys, security console keycards etc) when they are no longer of use, in the right hand side locker in the player's room of SGS. It can serve as a 'junk drawer', so to speak. The more important key items, like the player's SGS room keycard (obviously), Core City House Keycard, Jet Ski Key, SGS level 9 gate access card etc, I keep in my inventory at all times. Managing one's inventory can also prevent clutter.
“有趣之事皆是好事。” - Twitter Artist @ALumizky
”All interesting things are good things."