Author Topic: Fusion Canon Tanky Build (10 con Thick Skull variant)  (Read 1887 times)

Kiruha

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Fusion Canon Tanky Build (10 con Thick Skull variant)
« on: June 20, 2024, 01:10:11 pm »
Inspired by this build but shifted/dropped some feats
https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=10464.0

A more tanky/sturdy variant of Fusion Canon build, witout feats for LMG's (LMG's are super strong  with specced heavy metal even without feats)

https://underrail.info/build/?HgsDAwoJAwdawqDCjgAAAAAoRgAAAGRlEFpaAC0AwqAAADRQCClNwppaw5_DnVXDosKHY0sqwrR4MW0abMOZw5zCncOIwq4rwp7itJQF4r-GBeK_pAXfvA
Level 30 is free pick, pick something useful.

Keep in mind that crafting feats will be useless before you reverse engineer your fusion canon, so you can rearange them a little to have more surviability at the begginig. I decided to take them in that order to not forget  about them. Juggernaut  can help early game tremendesly
Dissasemble is good for moneymaking \ beartraps making, Hight Technitialities will work with deffault Fusion Canon and Stunner too anyway
After Thick Skull + Metal Armor with regenerative vest and you can kill deathstalkers all day long

You can choose Increased Per at veteran levels and take Scrutinous then, I decided to pick INT to have more consistent damage + bonus for crafting skills.

Guns should be 25 for Hight Technitialities, raise it up early game and this make you life a little easier before you move to heavy guns.
You can drop stealth but 40 will help you in the  begginig (before Fusion canon and quad SS armor)
Throwing can be dropped too, but it will help you early and will be nice cc later. 127 effective for max accuracy and range
Hacking 75 (to hack anything)

I did not use lockpicking because with high str you can force open all ventilation shafts. I used lockpicking with Jackknife for some places for quests (rift in Core City Entrace, Booze for Dude, Evelyn Gachi Dungeon).
crafting (for 180 quality components, can be lower). Hypercerebrix  + Bio Belt+ Underpie + workshops. Maybe electro belt will be more profitable. Also i was lazy to get Lemirian Engineer suit

Base values - something like these
Machanics 100 (can be lower if you use Lemirian Engineer suit)
Electronics 101 (216 effective fo 180 quality fussion canon)
Chemisty 16 (for Bio Vest and early gas grenades)
Biology 90 (for all drugs)
Tailoring 90 (for regenerative vest)

psi
Psychokinesis 45 (imprint + grouding)
TM 70 or max (Stasis and contraction)

Mercantile - at the end of the prologue you should have 80 effective with Big Waist Pack to get bespoke boots. Something about 50 base

There are still room for skillpoints.

Atributes
S 8
D 3
A 3
C 9
P 7
W 3
I 7

Atribute points little tricky:
At levels 4 - 8 -12 raise STR to get Bute Aim at level 12
At level 16 raise 1 per to take Tricky Trajectory
At level 20 raise Con to get Thick Skull
At level 24 you can raise anything, I choosed one more per

Early game is a little rought, use bear traps, gas greandes some poor dudes at outposts to stockile 8,6 ammo, metal armor and assault rifles. Gas Modre to get his nice armor. At level 6-8 you can take molotovs, you sneak gear and beartaps and go for Brno LMG. You should have plenty 8.6 ammo and utulize them weill with Brno. You can also craft you own LMG but Brno and Assault  rifles / smgs/ pistols even with crappy guns skill carried  me anyway, you still can use weapons even if you dont have enough skill if you use it in point blank range vs bear traped enemy
Wear Motion Tracking Goolges early game because early game your detection is not great and you dont have metal armor to stand on mines too

You can get Fusion Canon at level 10-12, but you need to level more before you can use it effectively (130 heavy guns needed).
I recommend to sneak and kill Cognator, then just ignore lasers alarm and pick Fusion Canon like a boss (if Cognator is dead, nobody will come to you)
You can kill cognator at level 10-12 in point blank range using one burst from Warthong n60
After that I used Tabi Boots + Rathound Regalia with Fusion canon before level 26, where I crafted quad SS armor and I had no problems at all.
Also, I crafted all my gear and Fusiaon Canon at level 26
Core City Faction - is not important, I decided to side with coretech this time.
You can finish Arena later, better to have Twich + Root Soda. Just kill Exploder with LMG burst to move Oligarsh questline, then you can finish arena later.
Questlines (Easiest - Coretech, Medium - JKK, Hard - Praetorian (because of last mission, you really need to have strong armor).
At the same time, at paper Praetorian  with Chemnaze greandes should be the best for this tin can build, but i never used them anyway.
Beast fight is a joke with Fusion Canon
At Expedition use Mercantile Check to buy supersoldier drug, use Supersoldier drug + white Dude cocktail + cave hopper boots and armor to raise AGI 10 and get to nexus in easy way.
As always, I recommend to use one Hybercerebrix from Heavy Duty to raise int to 9 and betray Aegis and side with pirates, you will not need to get Aegis Patroller this way (you can have 2 of them after pirates defend their base. Better to move them to other place to be sure they still be avaible).

Gear
Weapons - Fusion Canon / Crafted Ratchet 9mm LMG (Muzzled Compensated) or Refrubhsed MG3-42 (for 7.62 ammo). Also i used Stunner early for some sneak kills (lol) or where I need to kite/ immobilize enemy.
Head - NV seeker googles / Bioscrubber / Aegis Helmet / Spec Ops helmet. I prefer to not wear metal helmet, Seeker Googles is more profitable for crits
Shield - Dual High Effective Shield emmitrs / Dual Low Effective Shield Emmiters
Armor - quad Super Stell Regenerative vest metal armor / Quad tungste with Bio Vest Metal Armor versus some anoying enemies / CAU armor vs acid / Tesla armor vs electric damage
Belt - Doctor, Bullet strap (for LMG) or just Big Waist, not so important
Boots - Double Super Steel reinforced boots with Galvanic Padding.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 10:46:52 pm by Kiruha »