Author Topic: Darkdwellers cave random encounter game breaking glitch  (Read 888 times)

Monk

• Noob
    • View Profile
Darkdwellers cave random encounter game breaking glitch
« on: June 29, 2024, 03:52:11 pm »
So i came across a hole in the ground while exploring the game and it turned out to have a bunch of Darkwalkers in there with an appetite for poison knives and stabbing. I cleared the cave eventually after some hassle and when i tried to exit i got a crash that put me back into the main menu of the game. No matter how much i restarted or tried different save games (autosaves and whatnot) it still gave me the glitch and kicked me out to the main menu. It all happened while i was streaming too so if it helps i can post a clip of it somehow(can't post external links here) or just look me up on Twitch by name "l_monk_l" and the clip should be in the recent videos there.

Anything specific i should do to fix this? Or just skip?

I was VERY lucky i had a hard save ready in case something happens (and it did) so big breath for me here XD

Thanks for the help though if someone knows a solution.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 04:00:25 pm by Monk »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Darkdwellers cave random encounter game breaking glitch
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2024, 03:34:48 pm »
The last patch broke something. I think I figured it out, but I'd like to check your crash log, if possible. It can be found at Documents\My Games\Underrail as a TransitionError[time and date]. If you could copy/paste what's inside the log it would help us a lot.

For now it's best to avoid the hole.

Traveler

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2024, 10:52:44 pm »
I encountered this bug as well but I was unlucky enough to not have a save outside of the cave before entering (besides an old one that would lose several hours of progress). I tried a bunch of different recommended fixes but none of them worked. I'll leave the crash log below:

Game Version: 1.2.0.16
Error: System.Exception: Failed to locate entrance waypoint 'randomEvent_lux-hole_exit'
   at dud.LogAndThrow[T](Exception innerException, LogSeverity severity, String message, Object[] messageArgs)
   at d5n.aq3()
   at eyo.b4(e48 A_0)
   at bs6.d(e48 A_0)
   at b8a.a(e48 A_0)
   at b8a.b(e48 A_0)
   at b8a.adr(e48 A_0)
   at bs6.f(e48 A_0)

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024, 09:49:54 am »
I encountered this bug as well but I was unlucky enough to not have a save outside of the cave before entering (besides an old one that would lose several hours of progress). I tried a bunch of different recommended fixes but none of them worked. I'll leave the crash log below:

Game Version: 1.2.0.16
Error: System.Exception: Failed to locate entrance waypoint 'randomEvent_lux-hole_exit'
   at dud.LogAndThrow[T](Exception innerException, LogSeverity severity, String message, Object[] messageArgs)
   at d5n.aq3()
   at eyo.b4(e48 A_0)
   at bs6.d(e48 A_0)
   at b8a.a(e48 A_0)
   at b8a.b(e48 A_0)
   at b8a.adr(e48 A_0)
   at bs6.f(e48 A_0)

Okay, I think I fixed it. Can you dm me your save so that I can test the fix and get you out of the cave? The subfolder with saves is in the same folder as the logs.

EDIT: Got the save; the fix works and will be deployed with the next patch.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 08:28:13 am by PhrygianDominant »

adahn

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2024, 01:05:24 am »
Hi, is there any immediate fix for this possible? If not, is there an ETA until next patch?

I was unfortunate enough to end up in the same situation with 0 hard saves outside of the cave that don't reverse hours of progress.

PRoman

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2024, 11:38:02 am »
Hello, is there any idea when the fix will come out? Same issue, and the last hard save is hours behind my current progress.